ICS for EVO 3D now available....

allenc301

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I went into the store a couple days ago about issuse with my 3D as well. It's been flippin out in that the touch response will just go haywire clicking on random things for a few minutes before it calms down and is able to use. The rep did a diagnostic and couldn't find anything wrong but did say that I need to update the firmware to the latest one. I was supposed to do this OTA but didn't get one. The thing is, he straight up lied to me and said it was a software problem which I know it isn't because I have been flashing several roms and still have the issue no matter what. He did say update to ICS though. I was happy to hear that but was disappointed when it never came. I took it up with the manager but am still waiting to hear back on the matter. What the hell Sprint!

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Dunno what was going on with your phone, but I've done over 24 hours with mine, easy. Not rooted. Camera is horrible though, I hope they help it out a little with the update. I've been a tech for over 2 years and a lot of problems came out of Samsung phones, Moment Intercept, Instinct, Epic, (GS1) I will admit they have brought up their game with the Galaxy 2 and 3 but the original galaxy for sprint was horrible and battery life on the 2 wasn't the best either.

The Evo 3D has some good things but not enough to say it was better than the original or GS2. The camera, IMO, was a gimmick. I'm mean, 3D? Really? FTR, 5MP on a "high end device" kinda brings it down from that status. I hated them for taking the kickstand out.The dual core and expanded memory were great, though and of course, Sense 3.0 FTW lol. Battery life was awesome, like I said before, maybe you had a bad battery. Touchscreens were bad, they are the most replaced in our lineup as far as malfunctioning (Not shattered) Other than that, it is a good phone and hopefully with ICS, it will be a better phone. :)

Camera is indeed horrible. I haven't used the stock camera app for almost 8months. I use Camera 360 or the Amaza Camera APK.

radroider

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
So happy I dumped my POS 3VO for the GS3. No software bugs, massive improvement in battery life and a camera that isn't embarassing. I went 12 hours off charger yesterday and had 40% battery life left. No way the 3VO ever came close to that.

It's been a year since the 3VO came out, so in 1 year you got a phone thats a small upgrade over the 3d. Good job, I hope upgrades come easy to you. I rather wait a year until LTE is more stable and running and the specs are significantly better. Thanks for playing.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I went into the store a couple days ago about issuse with my 3D as well. It's been flippin out in that the touch response will just go haywire clicking on random things for a few minutes before it calms down and is able to use. The rep did a diagnostic and couldn't find anything wrong but did say that I need to update the firmware to the latest one. I was supposed to do this OTA but didn't get one. The thing is, he straight up lied to me and said it was a software problem which I know it isn't because I have been flashing several roms and still have the issue no matter what. He did say update to ICS though. I was happy to hear that but was disappointed when it never came. I took it up with the manager but am still waiting to hear back on the matter. What the hell Sprint!

I had a similar problem recently. There was one area on my screen (top left near the HTC logo) where if I applied any pressure, I'd get phantom touches other places. I brought it in and the tech recalibrated the screen and came out and told me that it was fine. He said "there's a line drawing test that we run and it seemed to work fine." I immediately dialed *#*#3424#*#* and when straight to the line test to show him what I was seeing. (He was very surprised that I knew about the diagnostic testing menu.) After I demonstated the issue he ordered me a replacement. (Unfortunately the replacement was defective, so I'm currently waiting on replacement #2, but that's another story.)

RaAkhenaton_AC

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I am FINALLY S-OFF thanks to the J-bear (can't remember how to spell the actual name) wire exploit, so my ICS wait is over. I hope Sprint ships ICS soon, though.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

sunriseshell

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Called my friend at the local sprint store...
He did indicate that the 3D SHOULD get ICS within the next couple of weeks (no guarantee)
Just like last June when I bought the ƎVO, WiMax was "coming soon" to my area (wink-wink nudge-nudge not saying anything official). Not long after I learned of Sprint's plans to scrap it to go to LTE!

Add to that, last Jan I was able to upgrade my phone after 1 year as the primary on my account. I noticed that disappeared around May as I went to upgrade. A call to customer service changed that.
Think I'm due for another angry call to mebbe get the chance to upgrade early again.

I've been a big defender of Sprint since I got the service about 4 years ago, great customer service, great perks, better price. BUT the slow network and the drying up of my favorite perk (new phone every year for primary) has me not liking them so much now.

Sorry to hijack, guess I had to get it out.

allenc301

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem recently. There was one area on my screen (top left near the HTC logo) where if I applied any pressure, I'd get phantom touches other places. I brought it in and the tech recalibrated the screen and came out and told me that it was fine. He said "there's a line drawing test that we run and it seemed to work fine." I immediately dialed *#*#3424#*#* and when straight to the line test to show him what I was seeing. (He was very surprised that I knew about the diagnostic testing menu.) After I demonstated the issue he ordered me a replacement. (Unfortunately the replacement was defective, so I'm currently waiting on replacement #2, but that's another story.)

Holy Shnikies! Thanks for the info on that line test deal. I literally just read your reply and tried it out and the darn thing statred flipping out on me as usual. It even froze and wouldn't draw any lines. I'm headed back to the store tomorrow armed with this new developement. Thanks a lot for the info. I really appreciate it! But I was told at the last visit that I will be offered a new phone only after my third replacement. This will be my third replacement and I hope it doesn't mess up again because I actually really like the phone. Thanks again!

Time to reflash stock firmware! LOL!(ZR3D 4.1 GT with several mods):D

Malixous

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Yea, sounds like screen failure. Was the rep a Tech? Sometimes regular Reps are not too sure and assume what it could be. Again, screens on this phone have a high failure rate, but "Most" Sprint Service and Repair centers know about this issue and recognize it immediately.

Will

Malixous

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Just like last June when I bought the ƎVO, WiMax was "coming soon" to my area (wink-wink nudge-nudge not saying anything official). Not long after I learned of Sprint's plans to scrap it to go to LTE!

Add to that, last Jan I was able to upgrade my phone after 1 year as the primary on my account. I noticed that disappeared around May as I went to upgrade. A call to customer service changed that.
Think I'm due for another angry call to mebbe get the chance to upgrade early again.

I've been a big defender of Sprint since I got the service about 4 years ago, great customer service, great perks, better price. BUT the slow network and the drying up of my favorite perk (new phone every year for primary) has me not liking them so much now.

Sorry to hijack, guess I had to get it out.

Agreed. Yearly upgrades rocked, but these were slashed along with the Premier Loyalty programs (Which is actually the one that made the yearly upgrades possible) I know we have a new process where you get to buy out your upgrade, price varies on how many months you have left in your upgrade. I've seen it range from 50 to 150 plus the price of the phone. The data is horrible, I know you are not suppose to talk bad about the company you work for (Especially if you love working there, lol) but I believe Sprint needs to hurry up with the whole Network Vision project. As it is right now, our service is horrible unless you are a lucky WiMax customer.

Will

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Holy Shnikies! Thanks for the info on that line test deal. I literally just read your reply and tried it out and the darn thing statred flipping out on me as usual. It even froze and wouldn't draw any lines. I'm headed back to the store tomorrow armed with this new developement. Thanks a lot for the info. I really appreciate it! But I was told at the last visit that I will be offered a new phone only after my third replacement. This will be my third replacement and I hope it doesn't mess up again because I actually really like the phone. Thanks again!

Time to reflash stock firmware! LOL!(ZR3D 4.1 GT with several mods):D

Good luck. My first replacement was bad like I said before, my second replacement was an flip-phone because they sent the wrong thing. Since they are on back order, the assistant manager gave me a new phone without even ordering the 3rd replacement.

He initially offered a GS2; I asked for an EVO LTE, but he said he couldn't do that. I said how about a GNex and he agreed. So now I'm rocking an LTE, vanilla ICS, 720 device and looking forward to the Jelly Bean upgrade. Definitely worked out for me. I hope you get as lucky as I did.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

evo43d4glte

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
While I too question most of Sprint's actions, they aren't totally stupid. There is no way that they would release ICS to any existing phone when they had a new one to sell.
So I will simply check each Saturday, one day it will come...:p

masonfactor

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty frustrated but the international release coming out a week or so ago ironically made me give them a bit more of a break.

While roms have leaked ages ago, HTC only just got a handle on updating and US carriers always take a bit longer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty