battery life thoughts, assumptions, hypothesis

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So your now getting a 1730mah battery. What does this mean:

The battery will compensate for the larger processor.
- making battery life equal
-making battery life adequate

The battery is there for extended purposes
- the processor uses the same power you just get more juice
- the processor uses less power and you get even more juice

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My guess would be that even with the larger battery, it will drain faster then current phones out now. The larger battery is prob just there to make it respectable. No big deal to me, I can't see myself not getting this phone.

Auzo

May 25, 2010
Visit site
IMO compared to the EVO 4G the EVO 3D will see a noticeable improvement to battery life. This is for two reasons:

1) the battery has about 15% larger capacity
2) the processor is based on the 45nm manufacturing process vs 65nm of the 1st gen snapdragon.

Now assuming that the reduction in process size only makes up for the more powerful hardware (dual core, more ram, higher rez screen, etc.), which I feel is fair then the net battery life should be 15% longer

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
At launch it will probably have bad battery life like the original evo but HTC will be on it and an update will be released very quickly. Or HTC will be proactive and make the launch software use that update

BigFace

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I love the 4G and will probably love the 3D BUT battery life IS the life of the phone.

I upgraded my 4G to the 3500 battery and love how the case enables me to get my fingers firmly under the phone to pick it up. It also gives the speaker a chance to reflect off what ever surface the phone is laying on. Still, with the 3500 battery, it is not ample enough to run bluetooth, GPS and 4G all day without some type of charge and don't mention the addition of wireless tethering.

From looking at the back of the 3D, I don't see how one would upgrade to a larger battery without one of the lens getting in the way.

For me, I will not be the first at the door as I was with the 4G. After all, the gods have answered my prayers with the 4G...for now. :0)

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, i've been thinking about this. And i have been making some big assumptions.

Lets look at all the battery saving positives

-The battery has 15% more capacity than the original Evo.
-The phone uses a dual core processor based off of 45 nm, increasing speed and reducing energy.
-updated android OS (Gingerbread) and updated Sense bringing us better power management.

And now, the negatives:

-35% higher resolution screen with 3d display capability
- 100% more ram.
-better gpu display graphics.

So, I say its just about a wash. It will end up being about the same.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95