Camera not very good

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm a wedding photographer, and while I wouldn't use the E4GLTE camera as a replacement for my wedding equipment, I am definately using it as my daily camera (one less device to carry, I now leave the Nikon P&S in the car).. Works great for me, and I've taken quite a few nice pics with it..

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Just think how it would be if the canons and dslr's had internet, GPS, Bluetooth, wifi, watch 1080p movies on a 4.7/4.8 screens, android, call mom on mothers day, and still fit in your pocket! Stupid comparisons in my mind! And these HTC camera phones are not just cell phones. If that made sense, as much as this thread makes sense.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm a wedding photographer, and while I wouldn't use the E4GLTE camera as a replacement for my wedding equipment, I am definately using it as my daily camera (one less device to carry, I now leave the Nikon P&S in the car).. Works great for me, and I've taken quite a few nice pics with it..
What!? How dare you!

jgalan14

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I also love this camera used the SGN camera and the new evo4glte runs circles around it hands down.

sent from my Evo4LTE

Well it depends I think they both got their strength and weaknesses, forexample taking pics on the evo in the dark looks like crap compare to galaxy nexus

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

hypercubexl

May 17, 2012
Visit site
The choice to not over-process for contrast in the camera/phone suits me. I have better control over that after the fact. What needs to happen in the phone-camera world is one-click post-processing for how we want it to look. Kind of like instagram - but realistic. This should be built in to the camera system itself. That way people can have any kind of photo they want. Unlike the Samsungs and Apples that choose your default for you.

There's a quickie edit mode from the review or gallery, if you go to Effects, it has some simple presets, but the trick is you can actually edit the settings once you choose a preset..there's some handy basic adjustments you can do and then save a preset of your own. Granted, there isn't a lot of leeway, they're still jpegs, but hey, it's something.

gearjunkeez

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I am a pro photographer. I have multiple Canon bodies and lenses. I shoot lots of pics. I gotta say - take the time to learn how to use the Evo camera. I love it. Like a previous poster said - I won't use it to shoot my next wedding, but it's more than capable as an every day average. I already made a 16x20 print off an evo 4G LTE photo and it's crisp and clean. No complaints here.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

jmagnt7

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
You're high!
The Evo LTE camera is simply amazing! You know how I know? Cause I use it and everyone who sees the results are like... Wow that looks amazing! And I'm like I know.. I'm blown away each new time I use it. Especially in low light

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
You're high!
The Evo LTE camera is simply amazing! You know how I know? Cause I use it and everyone who sees the results are like... Wow that looks amazing! And I'm like I know.. I'm blown away each new time I use it. Especially in low light

Do those people have craptastic phones? Probably the case...my bro has a shiity flip phone when he sees pics from my phone hes like 'wow' does that mean that this camera is super amazing? Nope.

Now unlike K000 who keeps talking badly about the phones camera and trying to make it seem like trash(which its not) im just stating the obvious im underwhelmed by it currently I did expect better quality pics and again HDR needs to be fixed hell even auto needs adjustments. I have to go -1 saturation on Auto for it to look right otherwise it shows red on people and HDR mode.....yeah I don't even bother with that anymore! It also has problems focusing up close. But as I said before the phone is very new so 'hopefully' things can and will be fixed via updates.

Camera was not the reason I chose the phone so its not a big deal for me, but its extremely annoying when people completely ignore it has some serious issues that need to be fixed and then act all stupid about how the phone's camera really is performing.

Things don't get fixed by a bunch of fails singing kumbaya, things get fixed because people point out the 'obvious' and ask or demand that it be fixed, or they fix it themselves in this case that option is not available so....

The Tick077

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Lol calling me troll... on what basis ? I started looking for more info to be able to compare. I asked on the new GS 3 forum if anyone knows of comparisons and was presented with this site. I love how detailed those guys test there, of course not something you want to even hear about if you just want to do a song and dance about what you like.

I will be asking for a repalcement, as I need to do that in next few days anyway, and yes, I might return it if it still does not stand. I will do it not because you are asking me to do it, or because Mercury guy... but only because I am a consumer and can choose.

Did you look at --> http://www.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=3&idPhone1=4238&idPhone2=4320&idPhone3=4212

Ok, several things about that site. First I want to say that I have no dog in this fight as I don't own any of these cameras (due for upgrade in 2 months so starting to research).

1. Comparing pictures of pictures is dumb. Period.

2. Given that, I actually prefer the HTC over the other two. Looking at the beach scene, I like the HTCs colors better. They look like a truer representation of the original picture. Also the difference in noise appears to be extra post processing that both apple and samsung do. If you look at the black and white boat scene, you can really see how they have basically smoothed the noise out, and ended up with a less noisy but less sharp image (look at the line of boats on the left, the 3rd boat has a white stripe - you can see a much sharper line from the HTC). For me I want to be able to make that call using photoshop. So I would prefer the less altered image. Just my 2 cents.

mgfjd12

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The camera only works great outdoors. It sucks for everything else or is a hit or miss. I take pictures and videos inside the production floor and I've been in touch with HTC engineers providing samples

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

RonD

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Well the thing is the Iphone 4s has been out for a while now so it was expected that any android especially one that was bragging about its camera be ALOT better, that has turned out NOT to be the case. Picture quality on the iphone 4s and HTC one x/evo are almost the same which should not be the case the one X/evo should be significantly better yet its not sooooo yeah people are going to complain and they have every reason to do so.

But yeah comparing an actual good quality camera to a cell phone camera is just stupid.
The limiting factor in the camera is the sensor. HTC and Apple use the technology (BSI), sensor size, number of pixels (and therefore pixel size), so one can only expect the same image quality. Not sure if the HTC lens is faster, but a faster lens probably means a softer image, but better in low light. HTC wins on features like burst mode and time to first shot.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The camera only works great outdoors. It sucks for everything else or is a hit or miss. I take pictures and videos inside the production floor and I've been in touch with HTC engineers providing samples

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I started a thread about an issue today. I'm noticing a drop in fps when recording indoors. Do you see the same thing when recording videos?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed the physical shutter button to produce blurrier images from the movement that it inherently causes.

Perhaps because most people tend to quickly jab at a shutter button instead of using a steady even pressure. Correctly used, the shutter button should yield sharper images than tapping on the screen. The sharpest images are generally obtained from using the timed release.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch