maxxed out battery life yet?

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
could be a little longer if I hadn't played so much temple run. 3 days is pretty dang good.

Last edited:

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
This phone uses zero battery overnight. I also left tunein radio running two different nights(fell asleep), it used hardly anything. I'm very surprised since I was a little concerned having an internal battery vs the first EVO. I'm now thinking that having so few charging cycles compared to the old EVO, the battery's life cycle will be extended. I used to charge my old EVO quite often thus the battery was pretty toast after one year.

castingon

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I managed to kill the battery one night. I listen to audiobooks before I got to sleep. One night I forget to put the timer on and it must have played all night till the battery ran out. It was low to begin with. Had a mild heart attack, went downstairs and plugged the phone in and breathed a sigh of relief when it started charging.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I typically end a heavy use day with 15-40% depending on where I go and how heavy the use is. Once the shine wears off Im sure that number will grow as I wont be playing with the phone as much.

alexwick

May 29, 2012
Visit site
wow... I cant imagine going more than one day... but i guess i would consider myself a poweruser...on the way to work I stream audio/video podcasts... am on the phone off and on at work... using to stream on the way home as well... sometimes watch videos in my break...
so what would be best for battery performance? plug it in when possible or uncharge as much as possible and plug it in than...? Because right now i plug it in wherever I can... without that i am not sure if i would get a day usuage out of it... put the screen brightness on 50% only when i watch movies in the car i bump it up to 100% .. since otherwise i cant see it very good... (glare / brightness around me)

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding final off judgement on the battery until they finish the tower upgrades here. Signal strength has always been the bane of my batteries which isn't fully the fault of the phones.

That said, it lasts significantly longer than my Evo 3D which had to be charged three times per day with normal use.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
What's your screen on time and what is your brightness set to?

3hrs 16 minutes, brightness set to low (which is normal for me)

this is w/ light usage for me. 48 hours of normal usage is much closer to accurate life. I have intentionally picked up my tablet a few times to do the same task, but not very extreme.

this is more/less a one time cycle to see what i could get on light usage to see how long it will last.

EDIT: just died after running it down w/ temple run. 3hrs 30 mins of on screen time.

Last edited:

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow I stream Siriusxm today and only got 7 hours out of my battery :mad:

from my HTC evo lte that was smuggled through customs in a kilo of cocaine

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow I stream Siriusxm today and only got 7 hours out of my battery :mad:

I've left TuneinRadio running overnight ( a few times) without it consuming hardly any battery life. I do not have Siriusxm, can you or do you leave the screen on? if so what brightness?

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Battery is slower about charging. Fully charged overnight, in standby mode all day expect 20-25 min. of checking emails. Battery went down to 75%. Been charging now for over 2hrs, not fully charged. . My Shift seemed to stay charged longer & shorter to charge.
Not so sure the battery life is as good as they say.

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
No screen off but idid have screen max out today but did not have it on that much maybe 30 min.been on for over a hour with screen maybe 25% and It's sipping the battery

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress