4G is live in Houston

jrcbandit

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Super slow 3G in the medical center still. It is likely just more towers testing.

Edit: Well my 3G is a bit better than it was earlier: 318 kbs vs 52 ;p.

anon(21918)

May 13, 2010
Visit site
4G is up for me downtown. Getting 5-10mbs down and 4-5mbs up. Had a friend confirm that he sees it, as well. Its been up for about an hour.

Marrow

monteevoss

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Just looked at my phone and saw the 4g is on finally.hope that I have signal when I get home though.any one around the Pasadena area let me know.

rockyjay

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not to burst any bubbles, but just keep in mind that it officially goes live on Sunday, but they are not expected to have it completed til early next year. Houston is a big city so I'm sure not all areas will have it to begin with.

jrcbandit

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Is it truly live or just more last minute testing? I had 4G at the medical center when I was walking to my car and when I started to leave the parking garage - 3mbs download. However, it then went away and never came back while driving to the NW side of Houston via 610 and 290.

DCWS6

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I live in the medical center, I had 4G several times today and never stayed connected long enough for a speed test. I'm guessing last minute testing for Sunday. Although, there was a guy on XDA posting screenshots over several hours with consistent speeds in the high 20's to low 30's, megs not bits, in Conroe.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

houstonwino

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Not to burst any bubbles, but just keep in mind that it officially goes live on Sunday, but they are not expected to have it completed til early next year. Houston is a big city so I'm sure not all areas will have it to begin with.

You leave my ******* bubble alone! :-!

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Still no 4G here in NW Houston. 249 and Louetta Rd.

Looks like Sprint strung us along one more time. Thanks for one more broken promise Sprint. Really may be finally time to move on. Tired of waiting for someday that never happens.

ayushb3

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm out on the northwest side in tomball got a sprint tower in my neighborhood had 4g last night momentarily then it went away, from what I hear they will only be turning on 4g in heavily populated areas for now so I'm expecting it around central/downtown area to show up first.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19