I'm getting constant Sense reloads now...

t0mb3rt

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I was fine the first week of owning this phone but now I'm getting Sense restarts probably 50% of the time I hit the home button.

Is it worth going to the Sprint store and trying to get a replacement? Anything I should know before going that route?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
One thing I noticed today with the stock browser is that every time it's launched (manually or via a link) it opens the new page in a new tab. I clicked on Menu>Tabs (in the browser) and there were like 20 tabs opened! I'm not sure how much of a resource hog this is, but it might be worth checking and closing them out to see if it helps. It does sound like you have some kind of background app that is using enough resources to cause Sense to crash and reload. You can try uninstalling recently installed apps to see if that helps to resolve the problem as well.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
One thing I noticed today with the stock browser is that every time it's launched (manually or via a link) it opens the new page in a new tab. I clicked on Menu>Tabs (in the browser) and there were like 20 tabs opened! I'm not sure how much of a resource hog this is, but it might be worth checking and closing them out to see if it helps. It does sound like you have some kind of background app that is using enough resources to cause Sense to crash and reload. You can try uninstalling recently installed apps to see if that helps to resolve the problem as well.

20 tabs opened? My stock browser only allows a maximum of 6.

I'm looking forward to multitasking issues to be fixed in the first software update.

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to multitasking issues to be fixed in the first software update.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to an update fix SOON.

I'm not a complainer and I do love the EVO LTE, but this multitasking issue just plain sucks. I upgraded from a 2 year-old EVO 4G that rarely (if ever) had to reload the browser or any other apps. Watching a new, high end, beautifully crafted HTC phone constantly reloading like this is simply painful :-\

NOTE: I did try the "fix" at this link ( http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...without-needing-root-i-think.html#post1877392 ) and it helped, but only if no more than 4 or 5 apps are active.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to an update fix SOON.

I'm not a complainer and I do love the EVO LTE, but this multitasking issue just plain sucks. I upgraded from a 2 year-old EVO 4G that rarely (if ever) had to reload the browser or any other apps. Watching a new, high end, beautifully crafted HTC phone constantly reloading like this is simply painful :-\

NOTE: I did try the "fix" at this link ( http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...without-needing-root-i-think.html#post1877392 ) and it helped, but only if no more than 4 or 5 apps are active.

Thanks, this actually helped me as long as I'm under 5apps.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to state the obvious, but have you tried rebooting the phone? Everytime I experience odd behavior after having the phone on for several days at a time, whether it be odd battery life, or random app activity or sense reloads, a simple reboot fixes it right up for at least 5+ days.

SpencerHTC

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Stock, I would only get about 250-300 MB maxed out of Ram. After rooting and disabling sense and using Apex launcher I easily can get 350-420 MB maxed out of RAM. This helps the multitasking and Sense reloading problem. However, it seems that HTC put a default "lock" on the amount of RAM you can have before the phone starts to kill of tasks. The "lock" should be lowered because it becomes annoying when I'm loading a YouTube video and come back to find it reloaded again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87