RFID Emulation

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey! I was curious, I have an RFID card and reader, and I was wondering if it is possible to use our NFC to emulate the card and have the reader read the phone?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey! I was curious, I have an RFID card and reader, and I was wondering if it is possible to use our NFC to emulate the card and have the reader read the phone?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

From my understanding of NFC and RFID it miiight be possible to use the NFC in the EvoLTE to achieve that, but unless you can find something that will do it for you, you'd have to do quite a bit of re-coding to make it work as you'd basically have to remap the NFC antenna to work on a different frequency.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zhecht

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The NFC chip acts like a standard mifare RFID card when presented to a mifare-compatible reader. There's no remapping of antannas -- NFC operates on the same 13.56MHz frequency as most RFID cards. If it's really "your" RFID reader, you should be able to train it to accept your EVO LTE. If you are trying to duplicate a card for an electronic door lock, subway pass, or wireless smart card, you are out of luck unless you know the encryption key.

louisjam

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
It might be a 125k card/reader. I have the same problem using an elevator at work. Need card but have to share one with office mates. I'd like to read the card into the phone and use it or write it to a tag. However, the phone gets nothing using NFC and the elevator doesn't read the facility/user code I wrote to an NFC tag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia