Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 12 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree2031Likes

Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Quote Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
    Life as an HTC owner period has been tough.
    Yeah, this is my first Android phone and I'm already thinking I'll stick with android but jump ship on HTC the next go around

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by andrewvig View Post
    No workie workie for me yet.
    Me either.
    WHO DAT?!?!?!
    THIS IS NEW ORLEANS!!!!! - DREW BREES

ROM
    CM10

I have friends with GS3's from 2 different carriers and they are still running ICS and I tried to force an update on theirs and there was nothing... Everybody needs too chill. If we do get the update next week we will be one of the first phones (that didn't come stock with JB) to have it. I have had 3 HTC devices and I have loved them. Don't get me wrong I am super stoked about getting it. But I am not pissed at HTC or Sprint about it.
    PittsPgh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    I have friends with GS3's from 2 different carriers and they are still running ICS and I tried to force an update on theirs and there was nothing... Everybody needs too chill. If we do get the update next week we will be one of the first phones (that didn't come stock with JB) to have it. I have had 3 HTC devices and I have loved them. Don't get me wrong I am super stoked about getting it. But I am not pissed at HTC or Sprint about it.
    Spencer the difference is their stock phones can make simple text and phone calls and ours that have issues can't. I'm not chilling. My product is malfunctioning Every hour. A fix needs to come like yesterday
    Thanked by:
    Mikey47 likes this.

It's not the delay of getting jb. It's the fact that there was no small ics update to fix contact issues. It's how they are so mysterious about everything with this phone. They seem to make a point of confirming updates for every other phone except the EVO. Let's face it, we can't say with certainty we'll even get the update. Half of all the "leaked" material says it will be an ics update and it's a short holiday week this week so I'm not holding my breath.

YvesStLawrence likes this.

The worst part of it is, even if they do acknowledge the contacts issue and they DO fix the issue, I still won't be able to make phone calls and send texts because of Sprint's terrible service. I need to remember how annoying this whole Evo LTE experience has been when my contract is up next time. I managed to forget how crippled my Evo 4G was and jumped on the Evo LTE because I was dying for a new phone. Complete stupidity on my part.

When you refer to text and phone call issues, what exactly do you mean? I have zero problem doing both, and I have zero problem shooting out texts while I am on the phone. Is this a problem that only some people are experiencing?

I have no problems either! I think those that are having contact problems, have corrupt contacts!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Most problems don't affect everybody. If I had to guess, I'd say that the current problems haven't been all that widespread. The forums here are a very limited survey area and it would explain why they've taken a while on the fix for those who do have it.

zmann likes this.

My friend was having this problem with his contacts and he went in to his contacts and then his phone book and he checked to only have Google contacts checked and both Google and phone and it fixed the problem for him. Don't know if anyone tried that or not yet.

I would say it's very common issue on here, multiple threads dedicated to it and it keeps coming up in threads like these.

It certainly doesn't effect everyone but definitely seems to be the #1 problem with the EVO right now and there's been nothing from HTC to fix or even acknowledge the issue.

And also this started with the last HTC update so if they caused it they can fix it

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    My friend was having this problem with his contacts and he went in to his contacts and then his phone book and he checked to only have Google contacts checked and both Google and phone and it fixed the problem for him. Don't know if anyone tried that or not yet.

Hard resets, un syncing Facebook... No fixes so far

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    I have no problems either! I think those that are having contact problems, have corrupt contacts!

If we assume you are correct then they were corrupted by our EVO4GLTE, because of the last update. Nobody had this issue prior to the custom ring tone fix that was pushed out.

But given how many of us have deleted all of our contacts and re imported them, I find this highly unlikely. We just haven't identified the exact causative issue yet.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Hung out a a relatives house today (he works in marketing at sprint) and mentioned an update. His response : "oh you mean the jelly bean update". I didn't use the word jelly bean at all, but he brought those two words up all on his own. Whether this is that update or not( though I think it is) there is definitely a jb update In the pipeline

Did your relative mention a time frame?

Sent from my EVO

If i want to do the framework thing... should i backup first?/how do i backup?

Last night I was on the phone with my friend who work at sprint . I forgot he worked there for customer support . He called me asking if I had gotten the update yet that was rolling out from the 15 . On his computer it shows the EVO LTE receiving Jelly bean from the 15-27 in small batches . After that everyone could hit the update to download .

Quote Originally Posted by goggles6 View Post
    If i want to do the framework thing... should i backup first?/how do i backup?
    Nope, just clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by sieg6 View Post
    Last night I was on the phone with my friend who work at sprint . I forgot he worked there for customer support . He called me asking if I had gotten the update yet that was rolling out from the 15 . On his computer it shows the EVO LTE receiving Jelly bean from the 15-27 in small batches . After that everyone could hit the update to download .
    That sounds like such a load of .

Now I know we're gettin trolled!

Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by celticking View Post
    Did your relative mention a time frame?

Sent from my EVO
    Nope. I he changed the subject

Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by unitedflow View Post
    That sounds like such a load of .
    Would you like like a link proving that I have a relative who works for sprint?

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    Would you like like a link proving that I have a relative who works for sprint?
    I actually think he was talking to sieg6.
    Thanked by:

What we need is a person on the technical side inside sprint. I believe the document listing the update, but all these support people seem to have is the same info we do.

These people with sprint "connections" are saying that the sprint people are asking us if we have the update yet

Ok don't believe me . 3 people on this forum said about the same thing .also u should read it again . Did you notice that the date they put up 15+ would be available to "clients " . They are just releasing to small amount of people. There are a lot of people who does not know anything about forums that probably received the update
Page 12 of 133 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast