Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Screenshot and post the update file somewhere, pull it off with astro before you update so we can get it to xda.

Edit: If it shows up of course

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
If anyone does get the update, definitely upload somewhere for me. I'll make sure a rooted version of the full ROM gets to the masses ;).

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Still drives me nuts that @sprintcare claims there is a jellybean update and denies it on the same days.

Anyway, the one x users over at xda still don't have it. Makes me think we might be waiting awhile for the update.

Sent from my EVO

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

The only reason I think we'll get it before the one x is because we don't have a successor like they do in the one x+. I believe for that reason alone we will get the update first and soon.

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Think it might have to do with the one x + being released only a matter of days ago. Selling point.

Sent from my EVO

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

One x + is already out. HTC just replied to my tweet. No update for the evolte to jellybean yet. I don't think anyone knows what's going on. Screw it, I'm jumping to cm10.

Sent from my EVO

Blade77777

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I just got off phone with an HTC representative and the only thing I can say is that their bad. When I asked him about Jelly Bean update for the EVO LTE, he told me that there is no Jelly Bean update coming up fo ther EVO LTE. I told him that I had called Sprint and that according to Sprint there is update ready, but that there is a delay on HTC's end. According to the representative that information has not been giving to Sprint and there is NO update coming up. If by the end of this month there is no update I'm switching to Samsung.
same here. Counting till my contract is over.

eXplicit815

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Just another day at Sprint:

kitten_office.gif

boo5ted

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site

That's exactly what the Sprint csr told me 2 days ago. Jelly Bean update that is 348MB in size. Limited release until the 27th.
Then it will be pushed automatically to everyone's phone.
He went on to say to manually push the update to your phone.
You have to clear data in your google services framework in your app manager. Force close google services framework. Then manually
Check for htc software update.
And it should be there.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

Just tried it, no dice yet.

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

We really can't complain that much about sprint. The international one x doesn't even have jellybean rolled out. Read those threads and see how pissed they are.

I'd still like to see jellybean and sense 4+. Considered jumping to cm10 earlier today but can't live without them HTC widgets.

Sent from my EVO

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

We really can't complain that much about sprint. The international one x doesn't even have jellybean rolled out. Read those threads and see how pissed they are.

I'd still like to see jellybean and sense 4+. Considered jumping to cm10 earlier today but can't live without them HTC widgets.

Sent from my EVO

You work for sprint don't you?! :)

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way but it's not the lack of jelly bean, it's the lack of any update to fix known issues. Mainly the contacts issue.

A week ago I wasn't even thinking about jelly bean but now after sprint teasing it I do really want it. And with all the mixed messages coming out of sprint I feel I have every right to complain.

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

I'm with you. Seem like quick updates and we get the shaft. And the lte connect issue is a joke. I'd be nice to see a home run update that fixes it all but I don't see it happening.

Sent from my EVO

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

The biggest thing to be pissed about here is that Sprint or HTC or whoever is managing this whole thing have no idea how to handle a major OS update rollout. Delay aside, make sure there's a press release, make sure there is reliable and consistent information available to your user base, and above all try not to piss off users who are already pissed at not getting the update sooner. I don't really care about the amount of time they take to get JB on the EvoLTE as long as it falls inside my prediction of before new years, I'm not the kind of user that it matters much for (although added performance and native Google Now will be nice) since I run MeanROM, don't have the big issues with stock, and can jump to CM10 whenever I get the urge to. I'm only pissed at how they've mishandled every aspect of this rollout, if indeed it is happening. Extremely unorganized and unprofessional.

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

i may get a lot of heat from this comment, but i'm going to say it anyways.

this is one of many reasons why people choose iOS over android. apple is always informative and consistent with their major OS updates.

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site

i may get a lot of heat from this comment, but i'm going to say it anyways.

this is one of many reasons why people choose iOS over android. apple is always informative and consistent with their major OS updates.

I was about to mention this. Even I knew exactly when IOS6 was going to roll out, months before it came out. All on the same day. So for HTC to push out updates in waves....they must over estimate how many EVO LTE owners. Defragmentation has its downsides.

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Apparently they broke devices with their original rollout. Check out the one x thread over at xda. Football keeps getting new bases which are faster than the one before. Could be nice, if we ever get it.

Sent from my EVO

steven-h

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

Do not forget this is Thanksgiving week and there will be short staff at Sprint and HTC in the USA. Not a good time to put out an update with limited support.

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site

Looks like conflicting reports on an EVO LTE Jelly Bean update

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353419045799.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353419045799.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 85

Trending Posts

Forum statistics