Google "My Drive" Error: "HtcLinkifyDispatcher has stopped unexpectedly"

pjmarengo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Since my HTC Evo 4g LTE updated to Jellybean last week, I can no longer access important Google Docs spreadsheets on the phone. It was working perfectly fine with Ice Cream Sandwich. One of the spreadsheets was created on the phone and two others were created on my PC. When I tap the Google "Drive" icon, it takes me to the drive where I have the options of "My Drive," "Shared with me," "Recent," and "Offline." When I tap "My Drive" I can see the list of my spreadsheets. However, as soon as I tap one of them to open it, I get the following error:

Sorry! HtcLinkifyDispatcher has stopped unexpectedly. Would you like to send an error report to HTC? This will help us improve our products.

This is so frustrating. Sprint and Google nagged me for months to use Google Drive, and now that I've become dependent on it it's stopped working. Repeated Google searches have turned up no solutions -- or even the same exact issue. I need to be able to access those spreadsheets! :( If I go to my local Sprint store I know exactly what they'll do. They will want to reset my phone to factory condition and start over. That should be the very last option, not the first solution, bricking the phone, wiping out months of getting things exactly as I want them and then rebooting and starting over. I need a solution for the specific the issue, not a complete factory reset. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA!

pjmarengo

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I figured out a temporary workaround. From my PC I emailed the spreadsheet I needed to myself, deleted it from Google Drive and put it in Dropbox instead in Excel format. Now I can both access and edit it on my HTC Evo 4G LTE phone using Kingsoft Office.

If HTC/Sprint ever resolves their Android issue then I'll go back to using Google Drive.