GMail Update allows Jelly Bean users to reply, delete or archive from notifications but HOW?

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
As stated in title, the new Gmail update says it allows for replying, deleting and archiving from the notifications bar with no need to open the app. I updated but can't seem to figure out how to do these actions from the notification bar. Anyone having the same issue or willing to help me get it?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Swipe down on the GMail notification itself from the Notification bar.
That'll expand it like it used to but now you'll see 2 new buttons.
Other than "reply", it depends what you assign the swipe to in the GMail settings - if you set swipe to delete you'll see "delete" / if you set swipe to archive you'll see "archive".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

cgordonn

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my Galaxy Note II. No matter what I try, or which direction I swipe, the new enhancement won't appear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
Hmm...that's not how it seems to be working for me. I just see the same old notification of a new email but with no option to reply or delete the email. Swiping the notification away just clears the new email notification. I set the settings in the app to "Archive/Unlabel/Delete". Grr...not sure what my issue is.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys using the native GMail App or the Samsung Email client?
I'll try it on my S3 when I get home but works on my GNex & N4 running Jellybean.

cgordonn

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Native Gmail app for my two Gmail accounts and the Samsung email app for my IMAP accounts.

I've also tried several restarts and still can't get the new Gmail enhancements to work.

Are you guys using the native GMail App or the Samsung Email client?
I'll try it on my S3 when I get home but works on my GNex & N4 running Jellybean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys have the notification expanded? It doesn't display for the non expanded email notifications.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Works on my S3.
Keep in mind to expand the Notification you need to swipe down with 2 fingers on the GMail Notification itself.

By comparison, on my N4 & GNex it's a 1-finger swipe down.

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
I'm using the official Gmail app on my EVO 4G LTE. Swiping down with two fingers doesn't change anything for me. How do I make sure I have "expanded notifications" enabled?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Are any of your Notifications expandable?
For example:
-Handcent SMS--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.handcent.nextsms&token=JUzH2Lj2
or
-Sliding Messaging--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.klinker.android.messaging&token=p-KYt4Cr

If not...then perhaps HTC removed that feature? That would suck if that's the case.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance but the only HTC I've got is an EVO 4G from Boost that I never got around to activating but it's only on 4.0.3.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the official Gmail app on my EVO 4G LTE. Swiping down with two fingers doesn't change anything for me. How do I make sure I have "expanded notifications" enabled?

HTC's expand notification gesture is different. You need to use the pinch-zoom gesture to expand a notification.

Corey Sheldon

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Can't speak for 4.1.x but with 4.2.x and native gmail app it allows with nova launcher or when you open widget and swipe the message left(archive) right (delete) or push (re/fwd)

From my sph L710 running cm10.1x and 4.2.x

hi-tech34

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
On the HTC EVO 4G LTE, when you drop down the notification shade, you have to put both your thumbs on the gmail notification in the center and spread your thumbs out and it will expand.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
On the HTC EVO 4G LTE, when you drop down the notification shade, you have to put both your thumbs on the gmail notification in the center and spread your thumbs out and it will expand.

Actually you can use any two fingers, it doesn't have to be two thumbs. :p

Colbert Elcox

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
To be able to delete from notification bar you need to go into general settings in gmail and uncheck the confirm before delete. That should give you the delete and reply option in the notification bar...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87