Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Re: [Guide] How-to root Evo 4G gingerbread! via Revolutionary

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeCrawler View Post
    I never been a mac user but in a couple post back one person suggested using a virtual window and intall linux or windows on it. Not sure what it is called on a mac but that could be your only way as of now until they release a version for mac. Don't know when that will happen

Edit: Sorry in was in a different thread. Here is the link to what I was referring too. [PSA] Rooting the new 2.3 is [ITS POSSIBLE GUYS!!!] 8/14/11
    hmmm, thanks ill look into it, but ill probably just end up waiting for the Mac version, i figure i waited this long to want to root i can wait a couple more weeks or something.

ROM
    JOKER'S CM9 ON PHOTON

Im so rooting my fone wen I get home

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Running Revolution, says Zerging root, this may take a minute"
    been about 10 minutes. did I do something wrong?

Finally got it to work, everything finally worked as it should.
    My next question, is: now what?

Rooted finally woohoo

Thanks for the guide

Nothing against the guide here but I used this one

[ROOT] EVO 4G Gingerbread 2.3 Root Tutorial (Windows) - xda-developers

The only thing the guide here is missing is the step about copying over the superuser file before even starting
    Thanked by:
    dlphntat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dlphntat View Post
    Running Revolution, says Zerging root, this may take a minute"
    been about 10 minutes. did I do something wrong?

Finally got it to work, everything finally worked as it should.
    My next question, is: now what?
    Install a rom of your liking

I just finished installing Synergy RLS1

Now I'm looking if it's possible to Wifi Tether without sprint knowing or charging you

Hmmmm

android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Glex25 View Post

Now I'm looking if it's possible to Wifi Tether without sprint knowing or charging you

Hmmmm

Sprint won't know unless you go really crazy with it. I been using it since October and all good here.

Just a FYI, the native Sprint hotspot is unlocked (use it for free) in that rom so you don't have to use that app. I always had better luck with the Sprint hotspot.
    Glex25 likes this.

What are the custom gingerbread roms out there? Which ones are worth checking out? I'm only aware of MikG, but nothing else.

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Quote Originally Posted by inav View Post
    What are the custom gingerbread roms out there? Which ones are worth checking out? I'm only aware of MikG, but nothing else.
    So many to choose from:

HTC Supersonic/ROMs - XDA-Developers

HTC EVO 4G Android Roms
    TOSHIBA Thrive Pio's Team Baked BlackBean 4.1.2 ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 1 (i717) CM11 4.4.2 kitkat (jamied)
    Samsung GalaxyTab 3 (7 in) Deleterious ROM
    HTC EVO 4G Deck's Reloaded ROM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (i317) unlocked Ditto Note 3.1.1 (4.3) ROM
    B&N Nook Color (Gifted to relative)
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail Half A$$ed ROM
    EVO Shift JellyBelly ROM
    Samsung Galaxy S3 DanKang 4.3.1 ROM

Thanked by 2:
    crzdmngzinav 

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

I am getting error occurred while trying to run privileged commands when I click on fix permissions in Rom Manager and then fix permissions on my Evo 4g. I am showing s-off and the CWM instealled from this method.

ROM
    CM10 Nightlies

When i try to run revolutionary, it closes itself right away, I have redownloaded it and get the same result. My phone has usb debugging turned on and is charge only

ROM
    JOKER'S CM9 ON PHOTON

Thankssssssss sooooooooooooo much im rooted
    NITO KUSH

ROM
    CM10 Nightlies

nevermind didn't realize htc sync was still running

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

hey guys i did the revolution S-off last night everything took as far as i can tell. i went to download clockworkmod so i could flash roms and it said that my SU wasnt found at /system/bin/su or /system/xbin/su. how do i fix this ?? thanks

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by chfd158 View Post
    hey guys i did the revolution S-off last night everything took as far as i can tell. i went to download clockworkmod so i could flash roms and it said that my SU wasnt found at /system/bin/su or /system/xbin/su. how do i fix this ?? thanks
    Just a thought. Try downloading Amon_RA recovery (I assuming you're talking the recovery when you say clockworkmod and not Rom Manager) and then re-installing superuser.

Hmmmm

The sprint hotspot hack is included in Synergy - you do not need to take any additional steps to use it. (oops, Smoke already covered this)

That being said... how do you like Synergy? I am thinking about installing it - it looks to be exactly what I want in a ROM.

P.S. it has landscape homescreens, right?

The only thing the guide here is missing is the step about copying over the superuser file before even starting
    This.

I had to bump out of the process, reconnect via USB, and copy the SU file over... Since this was my first "rooting a phone experience", I was a tad nervous as to how it would respond, but no worries.

If the process here had that one step added, it, too, would be easy-peasy to follow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
    The sprint hotspot hack is included in Synergy - you do not need to take any additional steps to use it. (oops, Smoke already covered this)

That being said... how do you like Synergy? I am thinking about installing it - it looks to be exactly what I want in a ROM.

P.S. it has landscape homescreens, right?
    Yes Landscape home screens

I'm really liking it it is a easier transition for a first timer than going all out with some of the more basic roms out there and then customizing it to your liking.

I'm still reloading my apps/contacts and my backup SMS

One thing I have been trying to do is change my bootscreen.
    When I load a new bootscreen all I get is the android lettering not the actual bootscreen I downloaded but that is for another thread

the Revolutionary site is not working

the Revolutionary site wont load up is the site down for some reason???

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

try it now.. I just checked and it is up ..

the method works thanks again

My problem is I use my phone as my internet connection through pdanet, and there are no open networks around here. So when I ran revolution and it asked about downloading recovery (internet connection needed) I pressed no.So my question is how do i install clockwork mod manually? My phone is already s-off after running Revolution. Is there a way to install superuser without going into recovery so I can get recovery via Rom Manager? Thanks for any info.

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by mottern View Post
    My problem is I use my phone as my internet connection through pdanet, and there are no open networks around here. So when I ran revolution and it asked about downloading recovery (internet connection needed) I pressed no.So my question is how do i install clockwork mod manually? My phone is already s-off after running Revolution. Is there a way to install superuser without going into recovery so I can get recovery via Rom Manager? Thanks for any info.
    You install Clockworkmod through your hboot. Download the .zip file of Clockwork and rename it PC36IMG.zip (All caps. Case sensitive). Make sure it doesn't have .zip twice. Have it on your sd card and don't put it in any folder as it won't be found.

Turn off Fastboot and then power off the phone. Hold Volume Down + Power until your white screen comes on. Don't touch anything and let it scan for it and let it do its thing. It will ask you to update and select yes (Volume Up) and then reboot. Flash Superuser through recovery.

You can't get Rom Manger to install it because you need Superuser first for the app to work.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeCrawler View Post
    You install Clockworkmod through your hboot. Download the .zip file of Clockwork and rename it PC36IMG.zip (All caps. Case sensitive). Make sure it doesn't have .zip twice. Have it on your sd card and don't put it in any folder as it won't be found.

Turn off Fastboot and then power off the phone. Hold Volume Down + Power until your white screen comes on. Don't touch anything and let it scan for it and let it do its thing. It will ask you to update and select yes (Volume Up) and then reboot. Flash Superuser through recovery.

You can't get Rom Manger to install it because you need Superuser first for the app to work.
    Thank you very much Ive asked this question at least a dozen times today and no one would reply...Thanks

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by mottern View Post
    Thank you very much Ive asked this question at least a dozen times today and no one would reply...Thanks
    You're welcome. With so many questions coming at once it most got lost in the thread. Well, to me anyways
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast