is my sd card partition set up right?

SuperWario89

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if my partition was set up correctly... I am using clockwork as my recovery.

I booted into recovery, and did the partition . I have a 1gb partition with a 64mb swap.

here is my issue, I'm using the evolved Rom and I thought that if the partition was set up as an ext3 then my apps would automatically move to the partitioned part of my sd card... And this is not what is happening.

does the cwm recovery not make my partition ext3 or is there something I have to change in my settings to activate the app2sd function of my Rom?

thanks for the help.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine worked one time, then I tried another rom, didn't like it, switched back to r3charged and no apps went to SD ext...dunno brother, but if you figure it out, let me know!

Sent from one of my gadgets

SuperWario89

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine worked one time, then I tried another rom, didn't like it, switched back to r3charged and no apps went to SD ext...dunno brother, but if you figure it out, let me know!

Sent from one of my gadgets

did you use clockworkmod to partition your sd card?

I ask this because when i did the partition with cwm, it never asked me if i wanted to make an ext3 partition or not.... and based on some of the reading that i have done, using arom recovery it will ask or prompt you to make the partition ext3...

i'm basically trying to figure out if perhaps my partition isn't ext3..... (altho, if i open up titanium back up, it does show that app2sd can be used, but it doesn't show much of the space being utilized)

Last edited:

jjshleprock

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
did you use clockworkmod to partition your sd card?

I ask this because when i did the partition with cwm, it never asked me if i wanted to make an ext3 partition or not.... and based on some of the reading that i have done, using arom recovery it will ask or prompt you to make the partition ext3...

i'm basically trying to figure out if perhaps my partition isn't ext3..... (altho, if i open up titanium back up, it does show that app2sd can be used, but it doesn't show much of the space being utilized)

Download a terminal emulator from the market. Open it and type "su". Then type "a2sd check". With no " ", just su and so on.
Read carefully what comes up, it will let you know if dark tremors a2sd is working.
If it is not, google it, d/l it, and flash it. Then in a terminal emulator type a2sd reinstall and your apps should be moved to sd card. Also google a2sd commands for better use.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

SuperWario89

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
this is what i get when i do the a2sd check

2011-10-25_16-25-03.jpg

2011-10-25_16-25-29.jpg

so i'm guessing that my a2sd isn't working correctly, and that i need to reinstall?

how do i know if my partition is ext2 or ext3? or does it not matter? what is the difference between the two?

EDIT: looking at the images again, it seems that my partition is ext2... do i use the upgrade ext2-ext3 function if i want to change to ext3?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty