unrevoked3

yungwunn911

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I saw the unrevoked team has put out unrevoked3. I have unrevoked (frist version on my phone) to use wireless tether. Basically just press start and use.

I have no idea whats going on with unrevoked3. seems like its doing alot more than unrevoked did. could some1 shed some light? I dont want to download and evperiment without knowing what's going to happen.

thanks in advance

knicks5171#AC

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Just used unrevoked 3 as I need wireless tethering. I never used the original unrevoked because I got my phone and updated within a day and had not heard of unrevoked before. Using unrevoked 3 was pretty simple. If you're using windows you need to install the hboot driver. Once you download the files just follow the directions to install the driver. Once the driver is installed it's basically one click and done. Wireless tethering is working perfectly so far.

bluger

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So I read a bit about Unrevoked 3 on their website. I'm just a bit confused. It claims that unrevoked does not unlock NAND (at least not permanently, just long enough to install their crap). They also claim that with unrevoked3 you can flash ROMs. I thought that flashing ROMs required unlocking NAND.
The ultimate question: If unrevoked 3 root does not unlock NAND, what am I giving up as compared to using Simpleroot?

Here's where I got my info: http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/unrevoked2 the URL says unrevoked2 but the page makes clear it's unrevoked 3.

Last edited:

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
yep. i just did it on a white evo. i now have free wireless tethering (at really nice speed too) and im saving 30.00 a month. all i cared about.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Very easy and trust me... i have no idea what i was doing. I know wifi works, and i just installed an app that allows for more battery life (its called setcpu). I'll test the battery life as soon as i get a full charge

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Very easy and trust me... i have no idea what i was doing. I know wifi works, and i just installed an app that allows for more battery life (its called setcpu). I'll test the battery life as soon as i get a full charge

Awesome!! I'm new to the rooting thing so I'm asking a million questions.....lol

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
While running Unrevoked 3, I can't get past the "Make sure driver installed phase". I notice I have an Android 1.0 device in manager. Tried downloading several drivers, HTC Sync, SDK, etc....and I still can't get a driver to work when reinstalling driver to this Android 1.0? Any ideas?

Thanks,

bluger

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Try this (from the unrevoked FAQ): Uninstall any programs that may connect to the phone over USB and automatically sync. Specifically, we have had interference from HTC Sync and Doubletwist in the past; other programs may also cause trouble.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Try this (from the unrevoked FAQ): Uninstall any programs that may connect to the phone over USB and automatically sync. Specifically, we have had interference from HTC Sync and Doubletwist in the past; other programs may also cause trouble.

Thanks, I may have solved my problem. In my haste to install SDK I didn't install SDK Platform Android 2.1, API 7, revision 2. I just installed the USB drivers. Maybe this will make a difference? I will check back.

hodedofome

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
After a few tries I was able to get unrevoked3 to work for me today. Have root access and wireless tether is working. I had installed Unrevoked before the update but then the OTA update killed it. Had some issues with getting the HBoot driver to install, and had to update my regular Android driver as well cause I never did that before (always just charged my phone when hooked up to work pc, never did any syncing or file browsing).

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE:

Uninstalled Sync, Installed full SDK items, ran ADB (which just ran some DOS in background), tried to get Unrevoked to go and phone screen won't go past HBOOT USB (says image not found on scroll). Still stuck on UNRV3 screen with "Make sure driver is installed".

I have never downloaded Unrevoked before or used any part of it on my phone. Just don't get it?
Also, tried to go into Recovery and look for ADB in device manager and its not there (trying to update ADB driver)?
As far as I can tell, I am still looking for Android 1.0 driver?

UPDATE 2:

Okay finally stumbled across: http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php?id=public:windows_hboot_driver_install
It seems to be working, going back to try Unrevoked3.

Suggestions, thanks appreciated!

Last edited:

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE:

Finally I think it worked, just rebooted. There was no visible change to the phone, so it fooled me. I downloaded ShootMe and it worked. Life is good.

bluger

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I might try this tonight. So what was your problem, exactly? Anything special about programs/drivers I should install or uninstall that weren't on the FAQ?

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I might try this tonight. So what was your problem, exactly? Anything special about programs/drivers I should install or uninstall that weren't on the FAQ?

Reading FAQ might have helped me, but it seems there is information scattered everywhere.

If you run into a problem, PM me or post it here.

Basically after all was said and done, I installed Android SDK and used my previous link for a Android 1.0 Driver. Downloaded UNRV3 and ran.

Good luck.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
When I first did this my camera didn't work, but then I rebooted and it works great! Haven't had a chance to try tethering but I did get wireless tethering installed.

Now to try SetCPU...

IronEddie

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
So I read a bit about Unrevoked 3 on their website. I'm just a bit confused. It claims that unrevoked does not unlock NAND (at least not permanently, just long enough to install their crap). They also claim that with unrevoked3 you can flash ROMs. I thought that flashing ROMs required unlocking NAND.
The ultimate question: If unrevoked 3 root does not unlock NAND, what am I giving up as compared to using Simpleroot?

Here's where I got my info: public:unrevoked2 [RootWiki] the URL says unrevoked2 but the page makes clear it's unrevoked 3.

I have been trying to get an answer to this question as well. Anybody??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87