Hi.. my name is Fernando..

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Lmao
So I stopped being lazy and flashed bs. I don't not like it by it doesn't stand out. Too stock for my taste I think. I think you should run myn with us sasha. Join the cool kids:p

Well I guess I'll give it a try since all of the cool kids are doing it LOL..:p

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Lmao
So I stopped being lazy and flashed bs. I don't not like it by it doesn't stand out. Too stock for my taste I think. I think you should run myn with us sasha. Join the cool kids:p

By the kool kids he means us geeks...

Well I guess I'll give it a try since all of the cool kids are doing it LOL..:p

Here's some Kool-Aid Join the Cult... we're nice dont worry o_O

Haha well if you like sense you'll like it. Idk if we got an answer to Wat kernel tho...

King #8 is working fine for me... Just sayin... :cool:

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Speak for yourself. Nerd:-D

That indeed I am...

androidnerd-copy1.jpg

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I would like to be a Romaholic, but I haven't quite got the hang of things yet. I've flashed one rom since I've been rooted which is the baked snack which seems to be running great. I wanted to try other roms but everytime I try to flash a new rom I have to keep reinstalling apps, setting up screens, and changing settings I call myself backing up everything but apparently I must not be doing this work. It couldn't possibly be all this work involved to change roms?

Here's what you should do.. First, pick a daily driver. As in a rom that you want to be your default, the one you'll always go back to. For me it's VaelPak (I think everyone knows this haha). Once you pick your main rom, get it all set up. Do everything. Set up your homescreens, get all your good apps and all that other good stuff. Then, do a Nandroid backup (if you don't know what that is let us know). Once you do that, it's time to go nuts. When you try new roms, don't worry about setting everything back up. Dex has the right idea. Just have a hand full, like 5 or so apps that are your core apps. And just download those when you flash new roms and just try the rom out for a few. Do a basic set up of your homescreens n stuff. If you don't like the rom, fine. It's not like you wasted half an hour settings everything up just to find out you don't like it. If you don't like the rom, then just restore your main rom through Nandroid restore and you're phone will be back EXACTLY how it was when you backed it up.. aka your daily rom. This is exactly what I do. I test a million ROMs and just restore my default rom through Nandroid when I'm done with my drugs I mean flashing roms. Yesterday I went through 2 batteries within my 3 hour physical therapy session flashing roms lol. It's all good though because I just restored my default rom and that was it.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yay me!!!

But Actually I only have between 5 - 8 Apps I use frequently and most Roms come with them preinstalled

The apps that dont i have on my SD card... Just gotta DL ASTRO from the market the rest is all SDcard... :cool:

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Alright thanks for those tips. Not completley sure what a nandroid back up is but I'm sure I can find the info in one of the forums. Now that I know a little more about how this works I think I will try out a few new ones today. I would like to try something that will give me a totally different high, Uhhh.. I mean experience then what I'm use to getting with baked snack or sense.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Cm 6
Quick go now. I'll explan later

HAHAHA thats like Heroin dude... she needs a gateway Rom...

Try out Myn...

It should keep you busy for some time...

then Try VaelPak

then CM6

CM6 is the end all to Roms lol Epicly Fast... and Extremely customizable

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Lmao
I'll agree with that order. But Idk... I'll say with pie on my face that I haven't been back since I tried myn...I like my 4Gs :)

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I never had it. Before I rooted 4G wasn't really in la then after I had rooted and flash cm 6 I was like Ehh I don't need it Haha. But now I'm like I love to kill my battery faster than you!! Lmao

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Alright thanks for those tips. Not completley sure what a nandroid back up is but I'm sure I can find the info in one of the forums. Now that I know a little more about how this works I think I will try out a few new ones today. I would like to try something that will give me a totally different high, Uhhh.. I mean experience then what I'm use to getting with baked snack or sense.

Ok, I don't know which recovery you have. But basically you turn your phone off. Then press and hold the power button, and volume button. Your phone is gonna turn on. Go to recovery. Once you're in recovery you'll see an option for Nandroid. That's where you go to back up and restore your rom. You don't have to clear data, cache or dalvik cache when restoring either. Only do that when you're installing a NEW rom. After your done having fun with flashing roms and want to switch back to your regular rom. Just go to Nandroid restore, and restore and you're all set.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
So wait... if cm had 4G you would leave vp??
:-O

Not sure. I honestly don't like the complete complete AOSP look. It's weird. I like some elements of the Sense style but hate Sense at the same time. It's hard to explain. CM is awesome tho. And fast for no damn reason too haha. I'll definitely give it a shot again if they ever get 4g working, working consistent, and gets the same speeds as what I get with other roms.

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Pro tip
Don't rename your nands via astro. It won't restore :-( just found out
Then I saw dex telling some noobs (O:-]) to backup thru Rom manager and rename there too

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall