enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Running cm6... went to go restore my old rom and it says error and wont let me? Any suggestions...it lets me backup my cm6 backup but not my stock?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Seems to be a running theme lately. Someone else from the AC-ROM forum had a similar experience where some of their other backups were corrupted and wouldn't restore. I think they just deleted those backups and moved on which i know doesn't help you but at least you're not alone :)

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be a running theme lately. Someone else from the AC-ROM forum had a similar experience where some of their other backups were corrupted and wouldn't restore. I think they just deleted those backups and moved on which i know doesn't help you but at least you're not alone :)

If your using Rom manager I had a Funky error the other day sorta the same issue... but I have alot of other back ups

Odd corruption issues... Try using RA *personally I hate this Recovery*

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
First attempt...through Tom manager. No luck. Flashed RA and went into recovery. No luck. And the odd thing is when it doesn't flash right I have to reflash cm6 just to get a working rom. I know is no big deal. I can flash a different stock Tom but its just a MAJOR inconvenience.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
First attempt...through Tom manager. No luck. Flashed RA and went into recovery. No luck. And the odd thing is when it doesn't flash right I have to reflash cm6 just to get a working rom. I know is no big deal. I can flash a different stock Tom but its just a MAJOR inconvenience.

dude if you had Clockwork when you did the back up RA wont help you restore... they save the back ups to different files...

You need to Flash clockwork back on go into Recovery itself and restore from there...

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You can try copying it off of your SD card on to your desktop, formatting your sd card and copying it back over. That's not a guarantee fix but I've read it over at XDA.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Running cm6... went to go restore my old rom and it says error and wont let me? Any suggestions...it lets me backup my cm6 backup but not my stock?

You didn't rename your nand backup did you? Only rename through rom manager, not a file manager.

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Wait...I flashed cm6 with RA but my stock with clockwork....I'm in cm6 now with clockwork and my stock won't recover

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
well anyways can some whats the best stock rom...just stock with root...and also is it possible to flash stock rom(no root) and thats it you just loose root?(incase i got to sprint)

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
well anyways can some whats the best stock rom...just stock with root...and also is it possible to flash stock rom(no root) and thats it you just loose root?(incase i got to sprint)

Sure you can run the RUU (rom update utility) and it will return your phone to factory.

There are a few versions of the latest OTA stock and rooted over at XDA