Help! Root issue? EVO connection issue?

djnk954

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
So I rooted last night using the newest method on the stickies. As you can see in the sticky, it came with Sprint Lovers rom. Everything went well, but...:

On the Sprint Lovers rom the browser was acting wired. It loads some of the page, freezes, and after 30 +/- seconds loads the rest. I'm not sure if it is a connection issue because when I download something from the marker (or a rom from rom manager) it is blazing fast like it should be. By the way, the problem above happens in 3G, 4G, AND wifi...

So I flashed to myn using rom manager and the problem became worst: everything, including downloads is slow. So I flashed to cyanogen 6.1.2 and the problem get solved, BUT 4G is important for me.

Please don't tell me "just stick with cyanogen". There is a problem here and I want to fix it. I'm a newbe but very good with following instructions, and of course I want to understand what is wrong with my EVO.

Thank you

hitman-_-45-_-

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I would try to go back to one of your other sense roms and don't forget to backup, wipe data, wipe cache, and dalvik. I would wipe them each a couple of times to make sure they are clean. Sometimes when a rom is messing up and not acting right you can just wipe everything and reflash and it fixes things.

cgiaimo

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
There's another thread about this on the main EVO page, seems to have started for quite a few people yesterday, on a few different Roms-I tried cyanogen too and the problem went away as well, but it seems to be related to Flash on websites. Hope we can figure out what is going on and get a fix, it is annoying.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if it would be worthwhile to go into your browser settings and select the "On demand" option for the plug-ins. That way, flash shouldn't start unless you tap-activate a flash animation.

djnk954

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it would be worthwhile to go into your browser settings and select the "On demand" option for the plug-ins. That way, flash shouldn't start unless you tap-activate a flash animation.

Already tried that one without success, but thank you. Just to verify that it is not flash related (at list with my problem), simple mobile web pages are not loading too...

djnk954

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
There's another thread about this on the main EVO page, seems to have started for quite a few people yesterday, on a few different Roms-I tried cyanogen too and the problem went away as well, but it seems to be related to Flash on websites. Hope we can figure out what is going on and get a fix, it is annoying.

Even though I'm pretty sure mine is not flash related, can you please direct me to the post you're talking about?

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Go into the Market and install AdFree. Update the host file and reboot to clear DNS, everything goes back to normal.

djnk954

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Go into the Market and install AdFree. Update the host file and reboot to clear DNS, everything goes back to normal.

Resolved my 3G but my 4G is still acting the same. Didn't check wifi yet...

Edit: wifi is good. Just 4G is the problem now. Help anyone? PLEASE...

Last edited: