doing a full wipe

jcprunty

May 5, 2010
Visit site
OK so i used unrevoked...i know... after reading the rom and hacking threads i am going to unroot and do it the long way as i want to get into this a lot more and i want to know what i am doing with my phone in depth....lol

what I want to know is if i have apps like key pass and mobisle notes and they do their own back-ups to my SD card, when i do a full wipe will those still be there and usable after i reinstall my apps or will i lose all the data and the back-ups not be any good ?

Thank you all in advance

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
OK so i used unrevoked...i know... after reading the rom and hacking threads i am going to unroot and do it the long way as i want to get into this a lot more and i want to know what i am doing with my phone in depth....lol

what I want to know is if i have apps like key pass and mobisle notes and they do their own back-ups to my SD card, when i do a full wipe will those still be there and usable after i reinstall my apps or will i lose all the data and the back-ups not be any good ?

Thank you all in advance

you'll lose them, download titanium backup, backup your apps with that.. then after a full wipe and new rom install, re-download titanium backup and restore your apps

i suggest getting the full version also, you can "batch" restore/backup all your apps at once.. very easy process

Titanium Backup ★ root - Android Application on the Android market

it's also in the market

open titanium backup, hit "backup/restore" (top middle tab), menu, batch, "Backup all user apps", select apps for backup, click "run the batch operation".

for restore, same as before but click "Restore missing apps with data", select apps, "run the batch operation"..

also, if it won't work on first start, click "Problems?" down on the bottom right and let it do it's thing..

hope that helps ;)

Reactions: jcprunty

jcprunty

May 5, 2010
Visit site
i know i will lose the apps but i use appbrain to keep track of those, my main concern is if i will lose the data that keypass and mobisle notes has backed up to my sd card? both programs back up to it by themselves from what i have seen...will i lose that data as well?

Last edited:

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
i know i will lose the apps but i use appbrain to keep track of those, my main concern is if i will lose the data that keypass and mobisle notes has back up to my sd card? both programs back up to it by themselves from what i have seen...will i lose those as well?

i'm really not sure.. they actually backup to sd? or they're just installed on sd? if they backup to sd then you would probably be alright..

try searching you're sd card for a folder created by either app and see if there's data for them

i would suggest backing up with titanium backup jsut to be safe.. you don't need the full version if you're just doing 2 apps

jcprunty

May 5, 2010
Visit site
they both have folders on the sd card...inside each folder there is a white block, dont know if those are for the data or not but i do know that mobisle notes backs up to sd. I guess since those are the only two i want to keep the data from i can use TI and make sure.

Thanks for your help..and if i find out that the data stays, after a full wipe, for them i will come back and post it so others know too.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Folders on the SD card are not modified when you do a full wipe. If the data for those apps is stored in a folder on the SD card then when you load up a new ROM and reinstall the apps, you should be able to restore the app data from the backups you made to the SD card. Point in case, the nandroid folder, where all your nandroid backups are stored. When you do a full wipe these files are not modified or removed. You shoud be ok.

jcprunty

May 5, 2010
Visit site
OK just an FYI...Mobislenotes does back up to your SD and when you wipe and load a new ROM the info is still there...i found a way around keepassdroid as i downloaded keepass to my desktop and put everything in there then to dropbox and then pulled it to the keepassdroid...working well. Thank you for all the input and help guys!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699