strange cell signal problem

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was running Calkulins rom now back on sprint lovers in an attempt to fix this problem. When I turn on 4G I loose all cell signal bars and apparently i cannot recieve calls however I only tried it once so it may have been a fluke. When I turn 4G off my cell signal bars work normally again. When I make a call my cell bars come back.

I have tried updating the radios to the latest, I have updated profile and prl and to no avail. I have done full system wipe including the "formatall.zip" an reflashed the two different roms and that has not worked either.

Update: My phone does not recieve calls....on google voice or my regular number. I can only make calls. Another thing, when I do a wipe and start fresh with entering my google account info it tells me that it cannot determine my time zone, so I have to enter what time zone im in manually. Im assuming it uses cell tower info to determine my whereabouts. Receiving texts is also a no go. Starting to wonder if I have a hardware problem here with my radio.

Last edited:

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So I unrooted and took to a sprint store. They fixed it. I should have asked what they did. Cause now i rerooted yesterday, flashed Calkulins rom and now today its doing the exact same thing. Nandroided back to sprint lovers to no avail. ANYBODY SEEN THIS BEFORE????

I guess not....unrooted and goin back to sprint.

Last edited:

quocamole

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
go into operation mode setting in evio 1.8 and set to hybrid. double check the setting by dialing ##3282# > edit (need msl code) > evdo. make sure it's set to automatic. that should fix it.

edit: operation mode is calk's hack for setting evdo modes in ##3282# without having to enter your msl. neat and new hack. should have explained it better in op in xda though.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Never seen this before at all, try updating your PRL and stuff through system updates.

did that doesnt work. apparently sprint fixed it no problem. i should have asked what they did. Its like the cell signal doesnt stand-by cause i can send sms and make calls, and during the process of sending sms or making calls txt messages start flooding in briefly until the cell signal drops again.

quocamole

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
my money is on you're stuck in evdo-only mode (HDR in ##3282#). txts and calls work on 1x (or cdma). is you're roaming indicator (triangle above cell signal) on when you're in call?

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
my money is on you're stuck in evdo-only mode (HDR in ##3282#). txts and calls work on 1x (or cdma). is you're roaming indicator (triangle above cell signal) on when you're in call?

no its not. i re rooted and i can restore calkulins rom if i need to to try your fix. however wouldn't running the ruu undo any mods made in calkulins rom?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Why do you need to use an ruu?

You can try caulkins fix without going back to his rom too, as long as your rom supports the dial codes.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

that was it, you were right. thank you very much :)

EDIT: thats strange that unrooting and returning to stock does not reverse that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty