What to do with a broken EVO?

anon(22885)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had the evo for over a year with no TEP. Over the last 3 months its continually restarted with increased frequency. Now it doesn't even turn on. I'm pretty sure its an issue with over heating. At any rate is there anything I can do with it? Can I still get Sprint to replace it, or is it worth selling for parts.

Alternatively I know you can just tack TEP on the website, can I add it one day and bring it in the next and try to collect?

friscoway

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had the evo for over a year with no TEP. Over the last 3 months its continually restarted with increased frequency. Now it doesn't even turn on. I'm pretty sure its an issue with over heating. At any rate is there anything I can do with it? Can I still get Sprint to replace it, or is it worth selling for parts.

Alternatively I know you can just tack TEP on the website, can I add it one day and bring it in the next and try to collect?

I don't think TEP will allow you to add it to your account and come the next day to replace, TEP is offered withing the first 30 days of activation.

If you don't have TEP You can sell it for parts on ebay, tell the screen was good, and it just won't turn on, then you can get about 70 to 140 but remember ebay and paypal gets their cut of the cake too. so try to charge 10 of shipping and send it in small flat rate box so you can get little bit even with them.

someone may need the touch screen or LCD screen maybe internal parts or even someone can fix it.

with that money you can get another new or used one.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Add TEP if you want. Take it in the next day. No problems there. It's open enrollment this month so you are free to add TEP. Cancel TEP next week after you get your new unit if you wish. Happens all the time.

Or, just pay $35 and take it to a repair center. If there's no liquid damage or extreme abuse, they will fix it or replace it.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Add TEP if you want. Take it in the next day. No problems there. It's open enrollment this month so you are free to add TEP. Cancel TEP next week after you get your new unit if you wish. Happens all the time.

Or, just pay $35 and take it to a repair center. If there's no liquid damage or extreme abuse, they will fix it or replace it.

Not really "no problem" - the phone has to be active on Sprint's network after you add it. This prevents people from doing exactly what you are suggesting - taking a nonfunctioning phone, putting insurance on it and getting a new phone. Sorry to tell you this, but that is insurance fraud and the primary reason why these rates continue to increase.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to tell you this, but that is insurance fraud and the primary reason why these rates continue to increase.

His situation has nothing to do with insurance. Software issues fall into Service and Repair.

During open enrollement Sprint does not qualify your phone. You are never asked if it works, what works, what doesn't, etc. They want to you add it and forget about it. Even in this case, they will take the hit on a repair to hopefully keep TEP on your account.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87