camera not working?

mojochris

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Same problem, used it briefly this morning now it won't come on. I've rebooted and formated the memory card. If anybody has any ideas I'm all ears.

ayman86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
i just tried to open the camera and camcorder a few times with no success. a minute later, i tried again and it worked

mojochris

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Please be an isolated incident. We don't need this to hamper the launch

Well this is interesting. I removed the two applications that I had installed that used the camera layar and goggles and the camera works again. I'm going to install them one at a time and see what happens.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
mine is working but the quality isn't what I thought it should be. Seems more like 3mp's. I probably need to go outside and try it.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
mine is working but the quality isn't what I thought it should be. Seems more like 3mp's. I probably need to go outside and try it.

I don't have my Evo yet, but is the camera set to 8mp by default? I think I saw on a review video that the camcorder is set to VGA by default, so maybe you're just stuck at lower resolution until you change it via settings.

mojochris

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well this is interesting. I removed the two applications that I had installed that used the camera layar and goggles and the camera works again. I'm going to install them one at a time and see what happens.

I'm assuming at this point it was layar that was causing the problem. I put goggles back on and haven't had an issue. (started and stopped several times).

I'll install it again this weekend and see if it locks me out of my camera again (everything works now...nervous to try and break it) ;-)

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming at this point it was layar that was causing the problem. I put goggles back on and haven't had an issue. (started and stopped several times).

I'll install it again this weekend and see if it locks me out of my camera again (everything works now...nervous to try and break it) ;-)

Makes sense that a third party app would cause the problem. Goggles is safe, thank god.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
@SilverZero I just checked and it was set on 8mp. It must come out of the box cause i only played with the zoom function since I turned it on. Took a few more pics inside and not too pleased but will take some outdoor photos soon. I can post them here if you'd like? Whats really cool is it has Contrast,Saturation & Sharpness controls! They're limited to +3 ,-3 but still neat.

zhens

May 12, 2010
Visit site
OP and others having this problem. Did you install Advanced Task Killer (ATK)? I had the same problem as I was showing my girlfriend my phone. She is a die-hard Pre fan so she chided me for this. I checked ATK and it was set to kill the Camera. I disabled that and I haven't had any problems since.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Mine doesn't work! Installed the update and wack.

Any ideas on what to do?

I click on the camera or camcorder and the camera tries to open but just goes back to the home screen.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the OTA update, then sometime later I tried to use the barcode scanner app and it said there was a problem with my camera, so I came here and removed Layar and then checked ATC, sure enough camera was selected to be turned off, so I un-checked it and rebooted. The camera worked, I went back in to barcode and it said there was a problem. I backed out to the home screen and th camera didn't work again. So I removed Barcode Scanner and rebooted and now the camera works again. So I'm without Layar & Bardcode Scanner (which there are others for), I'm going to tinker with Layar and see what's up b/c I wanted to check it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo