Better battery life today

brittonx

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Friday and Saturday were not great for my battery life (3-4 hours). Today, the EVO made it from 8:00am to 7:00pm before the low battery beep went off.

I know that with the last few BlackBerry devices I've had, the battery performance got better after 2-4 days of regular use.

If the EVO batter can perform like it did today, that will be manageable.

What have you seen?

brittonx

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Note, I used the EVO today much the same as I did the first two days (lots of web browsing, some app downloads, some email.)

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been off the charger for 12 hours now and have an awake time of 3+ hours and still have ~60% left. That is just amazing to me!!!

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Dont most batteries for cell phones now take a few days of charging/discharging before they are in the normal state

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Today was my first real world test -- I worked today from 6am to 7pm (ICU RN). Usage consisted of a few texts, a few calls, a bunch of epocrates and Google searches, and sporadically showing off the device.

Off charger at 0620; on charger at 1925. Battery remaining: 49%

No task manager; also no widgets with frequent updates like Twitter or Facebook. Email set to push.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Dont most batteries for cell phones now take a few days of charging/discharging before they are in the normal state

This is completely true, it takes about 4-5 cycles for a batterie to reach its normal capasity. Also its better to constanly keep the batterie topped off as aposed to completely draining it.

As for me I have been geting great batterie life. Usually have about 40-50% left after being off the charger @ 7:30 to 9:30. Much better than my Pre' was at launch.

GolpherZX

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a touch better battery life today now. I've implemented some what would say are best practices for battery life, such as not using google talk. I'm very satisfied with the battery after making this slight change to my habits. I may put it back on when I have easy access to chargers.

Kevin_G_Sanchez

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Today was my first real world test -- I worked today from 6am to 7pm (ICU RN). Usage consisted of a few texts, a few calls, a bunch of epocrates and Google searches, and sporadically showing off the device.

Off charger at 0620; on charger at 1925. Battery remaining: 49%

No task manager; also no widgets with frequent updates like Twitter or Facebook. Email set to push.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

What are you using to push your email??

hypocaffeinemia#AC

May 21, 2010
Visit site
What are you using to push your email??

Gmail is synced via my google account and then my exchange server account is set to "as items arrive".

I don't know if this is definitive for "push" but a couple of quick tests on both accounts show mail arriving on the phone 5-20secs after hitting "send", so it's good enough for me.

njbianco#AC

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Friday and Saturday were not great for my battery life (3-4 hours). Today, the EVO made it from 8:00am to 7:00pm before the low battery beep went off.

I know that with the last few BlackBerry devices I've had, the battery performance got better after 2-4 days of regular use.

One good thing about Blackberry's is they have incredible battery life.

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I must say I was a little concerned this morning after playing some games the battery seemed to drop from 100 to 70 real quick! But now 12+ hours later the battery is still at like 40%. This things battery is much better than the pres was.

Sent from my Evo

KrazyNick

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Today has been great for me, so far it's been 14 hours since last charge and at 70%! So Much better than my palm pre, my pre would be at like 20% or dead.

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I unplugged mine at 5:30 this morning, got to work(in the mountains) at about 7:30, roamed all day til I got back on sprint on my way home at around 6:30 and it didnt beep at me til about 8:45.

only a few phone calls though, no web browsing, little bit of wifi just to show this voice translation thing off, and some texts.

I could kill off my old instincts battery there just for leaving the phone on and roaming the whole time I was at work.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
II've been monitoring my EVO with SystemPanel and have been getting more than a day's worth with pretty consistent use. Coming from a Palm Pre, this is great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez