Lock screen disable?

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to disable the lockscreen? Id like to use the advanced security where u have to swipe a pattern to unlock the phone, but its annoying having 2 locks. Thanks.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the answer to your question but I figure it's worth mentioning that what the other guys suggested doesn't neccessarily fits your needs entirely. It covers half of it in disabling the slide-lock/unlock feature...however, you're still left wanting another feature which you can use a custom swipe gesture for protection purposes with the custom swipe gesture acting as a password, so to speak.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Okay....just found it:

Set a screen lock
From Settings, tap Security and then tap Set unlock pattern.

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the no lock app and like RAF suggests it only removes the lockscreen, once I tried loading the pattern lockscreen it didnt work. IS there a way JUST to have the lockscreen pattern?

Av8RE

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the no lock app and like RAF suggests it only removes the lockscreen, once I tried loading the pattern lockscreen it didnt work. IS there a way JUST to have the lockscreen pattern?

I'll second that. i can't fathom any benefit to the extra swipe, and "NoLock" seems only to disable ANY locking (including the pattern lock).

While we're on this subject, has anyone seen an app that will set the lock timeout? I'd prefer not to have to unlock the phone unless it's been off for at least 10 minutes.

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
While we're on this subject, has anyone seen an app that will set the lock timeout? I'd prefer not to have to unlock the phone unless it's been off for at least 10 minutes.

Try Lock Delay in the marketplace. I don't have firsthand experience with it but read a few suggestions for it here.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Just looked up lock delay - unfortunately, it looks like that is not going to work when the EVo is upgraded to 2.2. No Lock however is nice!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38