Does anyone else have this SMS issue?

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the stock SMS client on the HTC Evo.

I noticed today that if someone sends me a message, say I receive it at 6:30pm EST and then immediately respond (@ 6:30pm EST), it will put my response before the message of the sender. So, it will look like this.

6:28 PM (message received): You want to get a beer tonight around 7:30?

6:29 PM (message sent): Sure why not. Where at?

6:30 PM (message sent): Sounds good, I'll meet you there.

6:30 PM (message received): How about at The Blind Tiger? [This message was received before my reply above was sent]

I also noticed that when I go to send an SMS, it will list the number like this... ((XXX-XXX-XXXX) and show an extra open parethesis in front of the number.

Anyone else have this issue?

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
i have had it take a message sent right after another message and put the latter former. using Chomp.

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
so it's not just the Native SMS client then. I was going to get Chomp or Handcent, but if it's not isolated to the stock SMS app, then I won't bother, I guess.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'll give that a try. Question though, by doing that will the phone not get the time at all from the network?

Correct, it does not get the time from Sprint's switches, but by not doing that I have avoided issues like the incorrect time showing up in the clock and I have at least one friend that remedied the exact issue you guys are reporting above. So, I'm not saying it will fix it based on that one person's experience, but it is something to try.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'll give it a try though seems an issue specific to the EVO. I've used sms extensively on sprints network with a pre, moment, and blackberries and never observed this.

IIAspire

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Someone said that it was a possible sprint issue but i haven't encountered this problem at all. maybe a possible roaming issue like mentioned above?

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I encounter that when a friend and I are having a rapid text exchange. I've missed replies before because the text will receive before I close the app or lock the screen and I get no notification and it shows up before my last reply.

Pretty sure it's a Sprint issue. Semi-annoying when it happens, but not a deal breaker.

schultepk

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Has to be roaming issue. My brothers Evo was doing it at home today, but when he went back to the city with service, it was working fine!

gman eb#AC

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So its just a roaming issue? I've noticed this happening the past few days with my EVO. I didn't notice it all the time but today I saw the little roaming triangle in the status bar while this was happening.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19