Evo Sales Numbers

bluv4eva717

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious to know how many Evo's Sprint sold so far we are coming up on a month in August. I wonder if Sprint will release official numbers soon???

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
They've been selling them as fast as they can make them and still in short supply in many places. Palm was making 15K Pres a day at peak and was not considered a hot seller. You'd think HTC could do more than that but since they make so many models of phones, it's hard to say.

Android overall is activating 160K units a day now, so if EVO is 10%, that's 16K a day. EVO could be more than 10% though as it's still the hottest Android phone available today. If EVO has 1/3 share, they're selling over 50K/day. I'd guess it's somewhere between 20-30K/day.

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
They've been selling them as fast as they can make them and still in short supply in many places. Palm was making 15K Pres a day at peak and was not considered a hot seller. You'd think HTC could do more than that but since they make so many models of phones, it's hard to say.

Android overall is activating 160K units a day now, so if EVO is 10%, that's 16K a day. EVO could be more than 10% though as it's still the hottest Android phone available today. If EVO has 1/3 share, they're selling over 50K/day. I'd guess it's somewhere between 20-30K/day.

Thats good logic! LOL I would have to agree with you though. I would say 20K a day with a total of probably over 500K

cg1492

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
But there is a differnce in being made and sold. Some of those evos got returned for new ones, so not all made were technicialy sold.

D

darktanone

Selling out doesn't necessarily equate to large sales figures. The amount produced may not have been that large in the first place. With new Android phones coming out at such a fast pace, I think sales over time will drop off really fast because the next Android phone is always around the corner. A few weeks in some cases. I don't think any one Android device will ever see the iPhone sales numbers and only counting them collectively will they approach it. It's amazing that the one iPhone outsells the more than 60 Android devices. Just my thoughts.

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Probably less than you think. They sold around 60k handsets opening weekend and supply had been very tight with very little inventory.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I think if the Evo was on Verizon it would have broken some records. I'm sure the Evo has sold quite well. Granted I've only left my house three times in the last 3 weeks but every time I've been out I've seen at least 10 each time out. Not to mention it's STILL sold out on Sprint.com. But you gotta give it to Verizon. Their Droid marketing is incredible, no pun intended.

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Selling out doesn't necessarily equate to large sales figures. The amount produced may not have been that large in the first place. With new Android phones coming out at such a fast pace, I think sales over time will drop off really fast because the next Android phone is always around the corner. A few weeks in some cases. I don't think any one Android device will ever see the iPhone sales numbers and only counting them collectively will they approach it. It's amazing that the one iPhone outsells the more than 60 Android devices. Just my thoughts.

iphone is a worldwide phone, is a shame the EVO a USA only device is actually keeping up with that. Think on that for a second

LikeAChampion3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
But there is a differnce in being made and sold. Some of those evos got returned for new ones, so not all made were technicialy sold.

True, but the reliability rate has to be so high that this negligible. Sure, there have been a lot of posts about defects, but this is usually made up of a vocal minority that oftentimes re-post in multiple threads. Having had the Pre for a few weeks, and going through 3 of them before giving up last June, the issues the Evo has are tiny in comparison. My Evo is impressively solid, as is my wife's.

I realize that I cannot speak for everyone that has had problems, and also that HTC has recognized some of the issues (so its not like they are made up), but compare this to the "hoopla" that happened with the Pre. Not even close, and I would have to assume that even the vast majority of Pre's were fine. They would have to be, considering the phone is still being sold by multiple carriers. Not to go off on a tangent, but I believe that the number of exchanges is very small compared to the number of sold phones. Certainly a number that needs to be considered overall, but negligible nonetheless. Perhaps a Sprint store, RS, or BB employee can weigh in on how many exchanges they saw?

I would be interested to see the numbers on how many people returned the phone before 30 days, that would be a good indicator of the Evo's lasting power. I am sure Sprint won't release them though.

And regarding the Iphone comparison...just look at the accessories market and you'll get your answer. There will never be a single Android device that will "kill" the Iphone simply because that isn't the nature of Android. Iphone releases one device each year and its accessories are backwards compatible for the most part. Android phones come in all shapes and sizes and are being released constantly. This is an OS battle at its core, so you have to look at the numbers that way. I want to know how many iOS devices will be sold in 2010 versus how many Android devices in the same time period.

MAD WIL

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Also, consider the fact of other sellers.

I got mine at Sam's Club... don't ask.

I was just approached @ Sam's on Saturday. I told'em "after July 1st, July 1st". He said I was the 2nd person to say that & he was down to his last Evo anyway.....

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
^Nobody has accurate numbers... only real info that has been public is that Android overall is selling 160K units a day, up from 100K before EVO/Incredible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo