Heres a dirty little secret about the evo sprint doesnt want you to know

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
They are available, not through telesales or online, but from account services.

I got a call today, they are giving me a free evo to keep me as a customer and to apologize for all the problems I've had. I asked when I would get it, they said tomorrow. I then asked how that was possible when they are sold out. They said telesales doesn't have them but their system does. Telesales apparently is a 3rd party company.

Want an evo? Call customer service now.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
why do you think they don't want people to know? just because they happen to have one when you complained? hardly evidence.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
They had 750 in stock through account services.

When people call telesales or go online it says not available. Account services keeps their own very large stash.

I'm just trying to help people out whom want this phone but can't find it.

bisone1

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I just called and the guy on the other end laughed at me. He then kindly reminded me there is a nation wide shortage and the EVO is on backorder everwhere. I was really hoping this was true, I am getting tired of looking for this phone. I've been at it for two weeks.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Swear to god its true, call back and speak to another. Tell them you were told they had a stock of evo's and you want one, I assure you they will ship it to you.

themillers04

May 25, 2010
Visit site
@Clipp
lets think about this...
First of all as we all know Sprint is having trouble with keep the EVO in stock so that $450 price tag is toilet paper as of right now. Second techgeek32 did say that the $500 for his phone includes shipping and $50 Radio Shack gift card. If I weren't due for an upgrade I would be very tempted to purchase one for a steeper price to get it quicker, however, mine will come to about $50 when its all said and done so for me that would be an unwise move.

Clipp

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
@Clipp
lets think about this...
First of all as we all know Sprint is having trouble with keep the EVO in stock so that $450 price tag is toilet paper as of right now. Second techgeek32 did say that the $500 for his phone includes shipping and $50 Radio Shack gift card. If I weren't due for an upgrade I would be very tempted to purchase one for a steeper price to get it quicker, however, mine will come to about $50 when its all said and done so for me that would be an unwise move.

I did think about it. EVO sold out 3x, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes much longer to sell out the next time as supply and demand will likely start to match up. And I expect shipments to be in any time now. Also, I'd rather have money than a $50 gift card to a crappy electronics store, yes RS is crappy. Finally, I'm not about to trust a random guy on a forum with few posts to back up his name, and with no moneyback guarantee through a trusted middleman like ebay. He deleted his post btw.

Anyway, I'm always wary when people label items like that as new in SEALED box. The EVO 4G box is not sealed. Can you fault me? With the amount of issues with this device, i'd wait the extra week to get one officially from Sprint for $450. Now if he actually does throw it on Ebay, I'd have a bit more confidence in the purchase...

gmoney144

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
evo

Yea, he is telling the truth. After having issues with my evo, the store gave me a blacKberry until they got another evo in. They never did. Called customer service and told them my issue. The account services rep sent me out one the next day. I returned the blackberry and got my 339.99 back. The rep charged me full price for the phone(507.00)and credit me so that I will pay 99.00 for the phone plus a mail in rebate so yea, it can happen. Depends on who you get.

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I know Sprint HQ can get their hands on one pretty quickly. I am picking up my replacement from them tomorrow. Supposed to be one of the ones after the 2 day shutdown of production.

kevank#AC

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm the Account Services / Retentions has EVOs in stock. I just got off the phone with Account Services and they order me an EVO and billed it to the account. Should be here Wednesday or Thursday. Said they had about 200 in-stock.

K

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
So the lesson (once again) is that if you call CS and get a tier one rep, chances are they only know what's on the script in front of them. Work your way through to the higher-ups.

DaddyRey

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I had been having problems connecting to 4G in philly. I went in to the sprint store Yesterday, monday, july 5th, and my new one arrives today july4th. They gave me the option of waiting until sprint.com had them and i could get it from there, or get an oem version (no accessories) from their warehouse today. I was very shocked and asked how that can be since they are sold out everywhere. The girl said the warehouse has them, and have been distributing about four or five every other day to their store. They are usually going to those who preordered or went on a waiting list. even so she was surprised that she was able to order one for me as they've been strict with this. We'll see if it's true and if I get it today as promised. This was all from one of the techs at the store and not from a sales rep in the front.

kschuyler

May 31, 2010
Visit site
A Bunch of Evo's came into Chicago about 3 days ago. I spoke to 3 Sprint stores on Saturday that all said they had shipments coming in that day. An hour later I walked into Best Buy and asked if they had any and she said they just got 12 of them in. Picked on up for my wife and watched 2 other people ge them as well.

Keith