I wanna root, Dammit!...

Predator-1

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am having major problems trying to root my evo. First thing is I really don't understand the adb and how to install it. From my researh, its installed with the Android sdk. I've tried to install the sdk but the install will never finish. Is there another way to install the adb without the sdk or can you just run the Windows command line? This is really confusing and frustrating. I think if I'm able to get pass this point the rest will be simple...

Secondly, if I'm by some miracle able to get pass the first issue, is there a ROM out there specifically made without all the Sprint garbage and without Google Talk? One of the reasons my battery was running out so fast was GTalk. I don't want, need or ever plan on using this service.

Any help will he greatly appreciated...

sevenx

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, without the SDK I'm not sure if it's possible. What exactly happens when you're installing it?

You also need to get the right USB driver so that the phone can be read as an ADB device. That is done using the HTC sync program.

Once you have that all setup, the ADB part is pretty easy. There are a decent number of guides out there.

sevenx

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Ahh easy peasy! Go into settings, and check the "force http" or whatever button. Then your packages will update correctly.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't even think you need that.

You just need to access ADB, which is a program that runs on top of windows command shell, that comes with the SDK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa