Any EVO users in Rochester, NY?

mantczak

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
The 4G service was rolled out earlier this week but I am not having very consistent connection to it. The few times I have connected it has been outside. I called the local Sprint service center and they were not very helpful. They asked if I had the 4G turned on. Duh! Then they suggested I consult the coverage map online. According to the map I should be getting an outside connection at my job in Henrietta and inside connection at my house in Rochester. How is everyone else in Rochester doing with it?

Spunks3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
hey, ive had the Evo since a few days after the Google I/O conference and 4G has been active since then. im sure they were just testing it, but as time has passed i have gotten better coverage. I'm usually in the greece area and on ridge rd the coverage is great. down by the beach its a bit spotty, but i will usually only get it if im outside. im sure their working on getting more antennas up, so just give it time.

flyr29

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Rochester every couple of weeks. Last week was my first trip up there with the EVO. It was before they officially turned it on.

Was around Strong hospital, wasn't great signal there.

Around West Henrietta, had a few good spots of good solid 4G speed.

Had an occasional connection around Victor, but nothing consistent.

Overall, I was less than impressed by the coverage. I will say that even when I only had 1 or 2 bars, it was still a fast browsing experience when surfing. I'll be curious next time I'm up there now that its officially turned on if there's any more consistent coverage.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana