getting extremely better battery life with ADW.Launcher

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I installed the ADW.launcher, and at first my battery was draining faster then when i was using sense..
then.. i cleared all my sense screens and forced stop sense as well..

now just running ADW.launcher i get 15-20 hours of battery life on a single charge

on sense i was getting 9-11 hours.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
This is one reason I plan on flashing the Cyanogen 6 Rom... it uses ADW Launcher. Should give it a cleaner look overall.

Sense, while it has SOME useful widgets, needs to go.
I'm only going to miss the Settings widget.. and I don't even know if that's regular android or HTC.

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
whats cyanogen 6? sorry i'm a rook..

also i have not rooted my phone yet.. if and when i do, do i have to set everything wtih ADW launcger up again? b/c that took me hours of configuring. i don't want to do that again.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
whats cyanogen 6? sorry i'm a rook..

also i have not rooted my phone yet.. if and when i do, do i have to set everything wtih ADW launcger up again? b/c that took me hours of configuring. i don't want to do that again.

CyanogenMod a very very well known ROM developer. He was popular back in the G1 days.
Anyway, check front page AndroidCentral for more info.

He makes roms and has released CM6 to N1 users.
You have to be rooted... and you will lose all data... and yes, you'll have to configure everything again unfortunately. There may be an app that lets you save your homescreens though. Maybe through backing up scenes or something.

There's also another way to backup all your apps+data without full root... It's not too hard, but it will require work.

You'll have to use unrevoked3 method to get what most people call half-root.
With half-root, you can backup all your apps with one tap using Titanium Backup. It requires root, but it works with unrevoked3.
If you pay for Titanium backup, then you can restore all your apps + data with one tap, instead of having to do it manually one by one.

And then use one of the many methods to root on XDA... and you can flash CM6.
Once you do that, you can restore all your apps + data with Titanium Backup.

I'm trying to see if you can backup your scenes... so you don't have to configure everything again.
Edit: Looking around, I don't think people have an answer to backing up scenes...

Though there is also some stuff on flashing radios and stuff... if you're interested in all the features ROMS bring to the table, you might want to read a lot. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty