Some questions for the experts (Q&A Thread?)

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had the EVO for a while but there are some things that I've never been able to figure out and I figure others may be wondering the same thing. If you can help answer these question I really appreciate it. On a side note, wouldn't it be a good idea to having a ongoing "TIPS" thread? Just something people can scroll through to get some insight into the phone from others?

1. Is it possible to re-order the scrollable "favorites" list? It defaults to alphabetical which is not what I want.

2. The Sprint TV icon takes up 4 spaces. Is there a way to make it take only 1?

3. Similar question as above but for bookmarks. Is there a smaller version of it?

4. If I created a google voice number and now want to use the features but not the phone number, how would i go about it? Or do I have to sign up for a new google voice account?

5. How do I get gmail's "Tasks" to show up on the phone? I see it on my PC but it doesn't transfer over to my calendar (or anywhere else that I can tell)

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
1. Unfortunately no, not natively at least. A workaround is to add a number to the front of the contacts name, but that can be clunky.

2. That's the widget that takes up that much space. Add the app shortcut and it's a 1x1 icon.

3. No, they're both a full page.

4. You can find that in the settings. You don't have to use the GV number to make calls or send messages.

5. I can't get the calendar to show any of my gmail calendars, so I'd like help with this too.

tadtam

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Answer for #3. BOOKMARKS:
a. Press PLUS SIGN to goto "ADD TO HOME" page.
b. Press SHORTCUT.
c. Press "BOOKMARK", this will show you all your bookmarks.
d. Select the one you want and a 1X1 bookmark will appear on your homepage :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo