2.2 Froyo Update - Report & Find Solutions to Issues Here (post #1 & 2 updated 8/8)

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Voice mail attachments sent from Vonage via gmail can't be opened. Worked a-ok in 2.1. Now, I get the message: 'unable to play this type of audio fromat' when attempting to preview the file.

Reactions: Brainerd

sonny50

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
YouTube widget , Connection Problem, Touch to try again does not work.

Bluetooth voice dialer will not work,(Plantronics PRO).

sfmike22

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Software update no problems, swype is working fine (previously installed the "page 12" version found somewhere on the forums here) - Exchange mail and Yahoo email both were not working (Yahoo crashed on letter inputs in compose) Exchange would not sync. Removing the battery solved the Yahoo problem. Reviewing the exchange settings and unchecking and rechecking use ssl solved the outlook problems. No problems to report - phone "feels" faster.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I also noticed something weird ever since the update the HTC Clock and Weather widget think I'm in a city 160 miles from my actual location. When I open Google Maps I'm in the correct location though. When I force an update on the clock/weather it doesn't properly update.

The browser definitely isn't as smooth as it used to be... It is now somewhat jerky and jittery....

Putting "Plugins" to "On Demand" seemed to help a little with that for me.

Browser > Menu > More > Settings > Enable Plugins > On Demand

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
when i open advanced task killer, it shows that music is running. but when i tell it close it, it will not. and i have noticed that every time i open it now i have multiple apps running. it wast like this before.

I noticed this too with the Q3 player... I kill the app and its still in my notification bar as if its still running... Wont go away... Kinda annoying

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Found a specific issue in the OFFICIAL Froyo update? Listed below are a few of the initial problems being reported. Feel free to report others in this thread. If it's determined to be a common problem, I will update this post accordingly. If solutions are found, I will also provide information here.

If you are having an issue, try a hard reset via settings>privacy. Yes you will need to reinstall apps and settings, but this is trivial compared to spending a countless amount of time on troubleshooting issues that you're having that others are not. Also, please do not use task killers. 9 times out of 10 these programs cause issues if not used properly. By not using one, you will be able to isolate root causes easier.

Poor browser performance.

Second Gmail account not synching.

Camera issues.

Apps missing in market.

Pandora/Slacker problems.

Third party system panel app not working correctly.

Bluetooth voice dialer will only dial primary number.

I'm using Unrevoked 3 and cannot update.

Swype no longer works.

Music no longer works with multi tasking.

This is interesting, none of these things happened in my .3 version, with exception to the GMAIL thing - and I can't even be sure that it was because of the update because there are users in other devices complaining about the same issue.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If anyone is using a task killer please do not report problem in this thread until you've installed it and the problem goes away. We've stated many times not to use this program, so please don't blame strange issues on Froyo if you are actively using task management programs.

MrShmuck

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by Cory Streater
"If you are having an issue, try a hard reset via settings>privacy"

Well, it's either ironic or I am blind. I do not have the 'Privacy' setting under Menu nor can I find it anywhere else. Any ideas?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
This is interesting, none of these things happened in my .3 version, with exception to the GMAIL thing - and I can't even be sure that it was because of the update because there are users in other devices complaining about the same issue.
I recommend everyone having problems flew my above advice regarding task mangers and do a hard reset. My list may be irrelevant if people do both of these things.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Originally Posted by Cory Streater
"If you are having an issue, try a hard reset via settings>privacy"

Well, it's either ironic or I am blind. I do not have the 'Privacy' setting under Menu nor can I find it anywhere else. Any ideas?

Sorry.. Do this instead. Apparently it's different on the EVO than the X:

1. Turn the power off.
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I also get the white HTC flash screen but only after a reboot and only for the first time. All other problems seem to be gone after a reset. Also if you look at how many signal bars you have which is normally 6, when you first turn the phone on and its connecting to the network I get 4 big bars and then it switches to the 6.

MrShmuck

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry.. Do this instead. Apparently it's different on the EVO than the X:

1. Turn the power off.
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

Thanks Cory,
Is that a similar reset to the 'Factory data reset' found under 'SD & Phone Storage' menu?

alextrox69

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Videos that are recoreded in 720 p are choppy when played back for the first time..if you pet the video finish and then you replay it it plays smooth...also if you go to the galler again after leaving it for a while the video plays choppy again..