Weird Froyo Update Outcome

derek5l

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So, I have heard that once you do a system update, all of your stuff is erased and that you would need to sync and backup everything in order to have it all again after the update has installed. Well, last night I synced/backedup everything. Then I did the update. Froyo downloaded and installed in about 20 minutes. BUT...once it was all said and done, I turned the screen back on and BAM...everything was updated and nothing needed to be resynced or reinstalled. What gives? I checked the About Phone section and sure enough, I have the latest and greatest Froyo 2.2, .... .6 version, but I didnt have to do anything extra. I mean, even my calendars and email accounts and scenes were EXACTLY as I had left them. Just wondering if something went wrong. Comments?:eek:

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Nothing unusual, that's how the OTA update is supposed to work. Other phones have had to flash a whole new ROM when updating which wipes all your data. The OTA update doesn't wipe.

However, it is still good idea to backup all your data before updating just in case something goes wrong.

Last edited: