Apps not downloading & other market issues

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Recently apps have not being downloading. I would select to download and nothing happens. Eventually they download, but I mean like an hour later. I have signal because I can access e-mail, surf the web etc.

Anyone else having similar problems? Did some setting get messed up?

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Do a CACHE clear on your market app...

Settings - Applications - manage apps -

Force a close and clear the cache, then I think restart your phone (maybe a restart is not necessary, I cant remember) then go to your market and try to download, it should work back to normal now...

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
would be sweeeeeeeet if HTC/Sprint would do something crazy like fix this stupid vending issue .....

As user above stated but a little more granular:
Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Click the "all" tab > Scroll down to market > Click "force Close" > Click "Clear cache" > Click "clear data"

Go back to your home screen and open the market. you'll be greeted by the TOS agreement as if you've never opened the market, just accept. That should get you straight.

Cheers!

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Do a CACHE clear on your market app...

Settings - Applications - manage apps -

Force a close and clear the cache, then I think restart your phone (maybe a restart is not necessary, I cant remember) then go to your market and try to download, it should work back to normal now...

Didn't work. Tried it all, twice. Try to install via Market and via AppBrain. No dice. Any other ideas?
Even tried the next suggestion with the clear data so it looked new all over again. Still nothing.

Last edited:

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Now they just started. Don't know why. I was doing something else and I noticed the arrow on the top notification bar.
Like I said in my earlier post, sometimes it will download an hour later.
It can be very frustrating.
Things used to download instantly. UGH!!!!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Now they just started. Don't know why. I was doing something else and I noticed the arrow on the top notification bar.
Like I said in my earlier post, sometimes it will download an hour later.
It can be very frustrating.
Things used to download instantly. UGH!!!!

If you feel like waiting they will all eventually download. The method we listed are what people who don't like waiting have been doing to try and correct the issue.

I said it in our ROM thread (AC-ROM) and I'll say it again, this is HTC/Sprints problem and they need to fix it ASAP! We may be switching vending.apk files in a future release but we shouldn't have to. All it would take is a quick 1mb download from HTC to fix :/

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So you are saying that it is common to wait an hour or so for these to download? So I should just be patient and wait.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
So you are saying that it is common to wait an hour or so for these to download? So I should just be patient and wait.

In some cases, unfortunately yes. There are multiple variations of this problem though.
1) The download never starts it just hangs. In this case reference the work around i posted above thats been floating around but as always, YMMV
2) If the download occurs but it doesn't install, then use a file explorer (hopefully you already have one installed on your phone) to go to your SDcard, find the folder named download, and look for the apk thats dated and timestamped for when you tried do download. Install that apk and you now have the app.

Normally I'd say I'm sure HTC is working on this but I believe this is their second release that has this problem from time to time :confused:

myrcgarage

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me a couple of times before. Restarting the phone fixed the problem. It must have been caching issue or something like that.

Or did you try turning on wifi? I tried it once and it worked as well for some reasons.

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Still having download issues

I am still having issues with downloading apps. Getting a new app (market or appbrain) used to start downloading instantly. As of about 2 weeks ago, 1 in 10 downloads instantly, the rest sometimes take up to an hour before they download.

I have done the force stop and the clear cache and clear data but it does not help in the slightest.

It is very frustrating. What is going on?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
It's the network. It's happened to practically everyone I know that has a Sprint Android phone. I was told by a few Sprint reps that it's because they're doing a lot of work on the network, specifically with 3g and 4g. It's not just downloading apps that I've had issues with. My internet has been significantly slower the last week or so too.

supchaka

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
My apps wouldnt start to download either after a fresh flash of something. Stopped and re-started, no luck. Then I remembered I hadnt set up wifi. Popped in my settings and it took off. Id be curious if it doesnt make it a "now" priority if you arent on wifi.

jnadelman

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It's the network. It's happened to practically everyone I know that has a Sprint Android phone. I was told by a few Sprint reps that it's because they're doing a lot of work on the network, specifically with 3g and 4g. It's not just downloading apps that I've had issues with. My internet has been significantly slower the last week or so too.

So if Sprint is "working on the network", does that mean it will go back to normal soon?

Luce

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me a lot. I find switching wifi/mobile data on and off helps it along. May need to do it a few times to get it to go through.

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I know this sounds crazy, but start Google Talk. I had the same problem, googled, and this was suggested -- it sounds nutty but it totally worked. (You can quit Talk once the download unsticks.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress