Melody on start up, How to stop it ?

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to stop the melody on start up without rooting the phone?

I don't have a lot of confidence in my hacking skills to try to start hacking and rooting. I just want the phone to start without the stupid melody playing.

I just moved from an Moment to the EVO and I am amazed at this phone.
Surprisingly though I like the way the Moment does do email better than the EVO.
On the Moment there is are three apps for email. Moxier Mail which I use for my corporate email, Gmail, and the app for POP3 and IMAP mail. The advantage is I get three different icon notifications. On the EVO only 2 so when a POP3 or IMAP email arrives I have to check the different accounts by using the menu and switching. That is a bit of a pain.

However my main concern at this point is how to stop the stupid melody on start up.

Thanks
Double Tap

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi double tap great upgrade welcome lol but there is a real easy simple way with out using root to get the volume start up sound to go away you can lower the volume b when the phone is on lets say you put it on vibrate and you turn the phone off for some reason and turn it back on it will vibrate instead of the boot up sound but there is another way but this is less common sense like the other but is is also another easy harm less way is you can use z4root and use temporary root so when the phone turns off it will go away and you apply if needed it just gives you root while the phone is on you can go to the android market and download this app called boot animation changer lite and you can change it to something you might like and see and its not to difficult to use and you might have to keep applying the z4root every time hey you don't to root and its safe for the most part you know an z4root dose all the technical rooting privileges with one click and DO NOT CLICK FULL ROOT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WILL DO !!! with evos lol but if you need any more assistance I will be around hope that helps you a bit on what you are looking for :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to stop the melody on start up without rooting the phone?

I don't have a lot of confidence in my hacking skills to try to start hacking and rooting. I just want the phone to start without the stupid melody playing.

I just moved from an Moment to the EVO and I am amazed at this phone.
Surprisingly though I like the way the Moment does do email better than the EVO.
On the Moment there is are three apps for email. Moxier Mail which I use for my corporate email, Gmail, and the app for POP3 and IMAP mail. The advantage is I get three different icon notifications. On the EVO only 2 so when a POP3 or IMAP email arrives I have to check the different accounts by using the menu and switching. That is a bit of a pain.

However my main concern at this point is how to stop the stupid melody on start up.

Thanks
Double Tap

Happy holidays!!! There is also an app for that ;)

Silent Boot - Android app on AppBrain

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch