When was the last time you turned on 4G?

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Two days ago, to test the 4G signal at my sister's place when their wifi was acting up.

Since I'm mostly in places where wifi is available, I don't often have the need to turn on 4G, especially since it more often than not slows down the performance of the phone, and typically requires a reboot to get the Evo back to running smoothly.

Turned it on today and noticed the exact same thing! Overall phone function became herky jerky and laggy as hell. Why is that? What is the point of 4G when it actually slows the phone down and sucks the battery like nobody's business. Don't even get me started on the HDMI "feature" of the Evo.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use the 4g everyday...in my area its kind of hit and miss....mostly hit and i'm loving the loving speeds. I've heard alot about the 4g lag but have yet to experience it... I've my eVo and 4g since launch and dont have a single proplem with phone-lag....and the difference between 3g and 4g is like day and night.

cg1492

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Haven't turned it on since they launched in Pittsburgh, don't like the fact I have to reboot my phone when i turn off the 4g radio. The 4g is fast but not worth the hasell of rebooting and making sure I am teathered to a power source.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Turned it on today and noticed the exact same thing! Overall phone function became herky jerky and laggy as hell. Why is that? What is the point of 4G when it actually slows the phone down and sucks the battery like nobody's business. Don't even get me started on the HDMI "feature" of the Evo.
I've found that, sometimes, when this happens, if you force stop HTC Sense (or whatever launcher replacement you're running), the lag disappears (the launcher will restart itself when you go back to the home screen). Doesn't always work, however.

kuscoot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
no lag here

I use 4G everyday and don't experience a lag. It is superspeed fast. Cannot imagine ever going back to anything slower. My phone does not reboot either upon toggling off the 4 G. . .

JohnAlpha

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't have it available, but the only time I really wish I had it is when I'm downloading updates or new apps. Most of my phone usage is for messaging, email, or basic web browsing. Sprint's 3G network in my area is plenty sufficient for that.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I get a 1 to 2 bar 4G signal in my office, so sometimes I use it to tether my laptop. Other than that, I'm rarely in an area where I get good enough 4G coverage to use it.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
4g Waste

One bar in office and no bars at home. Sucks battery like crazy. 3g is fine. But, hey, I'll pay $10 for nothing. If there is no new Sprint phone in June, me going Verizon.

jprins68

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I use it every day in the office. My building has the worst 3g reception, but I can get on a 4G signal to make my phone's usable. I have not noticed any lag issues for several months either so it is a feature that I both use and show off to anyone that does not have the luxury of a 4G phone. Absolutely worth the extra $10 premium data fee!

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I can't get 4G at my house, but it's available in spots on the eastern end of town as well as parts of my commute to work and at church. I use it whenever I'm in area that I know has it. Admittedly, it does suck down battery, so I make sure I have a charger nearby when using it. I routinely get 5 to as high as 8MB downloads. Web sites load very fast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgrochowski