When was the last time you turned on 4G?

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
I turned it on at my desk at work moments ago and got no signal. I'm in the City of Atlanta. No signal in Fairburn, where I live either. It sucks to pay a premium for a service I can't even use.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I turned it on at my desk at work moments ago and got no signal. I'm in the City of Atlanta. No signal in Fairburn, where I live either. It sucks to pay a premium for a service I can't even use.

Pretty much the same for me in North Atlanta. I get no signal at all at home and at work i'm right on the borderline of one bar so it kills the battery super quick trying to get reception. I rarely even bother turning it on anymore unless im downtown or something. Even when I use it to stream if im going down Bankhead towards downtown it loses reception in about 3 or 4 different spots and switches back to 3G. The coverage is plain terrible.

DaneHR2

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
No 4G were I live, but I have perfect 3G and a fast WiFi connection. No matter which one I am connected to my pages load as fast as it seems the phone can render. Never more than a second or two to full load. So I am not really worried.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I turned it on today and got 2 bars. I was browsing the site at the time and you could definitely tell the difference. Pages popped up very quickly.

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I know some people out there use it regularly. And there are some people that still don't have it available.

But I'm sure there are some like me that have a launch day phone with 4G available from jump that never use it.

I don't think I've turned it on since September. Partially because of the lag issue that developed, but mostly because quite frankly, I don't need it.

How about you?

Thanks for starting this thread. I also have my launch day Evo and had 4G in Charlotte from the start. But I almost never use it. Im rooted so I do use wifi from time to time, but I dont wifi and use 4G. I can barely keep my phone charged as is, and thats with SetCPU and always have it plugged in. I know theres no way I could run 4G w/o my battery dying. Its sad, b/c Charlotte is covered in 4g, even at home but b/c of the battery life I wont turn it on.

I wanted to try the trickle charge kernals, but once I saw the other threads with that kernal literally frying and causing batteries to smoke, I'll just stick with the stock kernal. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc