I'm locked out of my HTC Evo.. how can I get back in?

A

AC Question

I bought this phone July 2010 and I had a pattern set on it and after many years decided to change it. I have the gmail address and I know the password but it will not except it. I have the original email with the verification code for when i set up my first gmail specifically for my htc. The phone has been locked for over a year now and I cant loss my data on it.... some of the data is irreplacable! I know now that you should always back up your phone. Does anyone have any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central Moved this to the EVO 4G forum, since the original forum doesn't accept replies.

What happens if you fail the pattern unlock enough times? Does it warn you it will do a factory reset, or does it ask for your Google credentials? From what you mention, I assume it's the latter. Are you certain you used the Google account that you're currently using? Could it have been a previous one?

083spitfire

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi, yes it ask me for my gmail account associated with the phone. I have a list of all gmails my name is associated with. Plus I have the verification email from google when I set up the account. The dates match one another, I had always used yahoo. and had never used gmail before that date.

083spitfire

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Lol... yes I have many times, but I still use this gmail account everyday..... or do I have to know the original password set when I bought the phone for the gmail account? I bought a new android phone once I was unable to unlock my Evo. I transferred my number to the new phone and took my sims card from my Evo and put it in my new phone. I went to lookout app to see maybe if I could get in that way but they only show my current phone. I went to Avg also because I was using them at the last as security, but they too only show my current phone. I know my phone started out with the Android market and not with Google play. But everything I have read says that shouldn't make a difference because they are the same thing. I am completely lost.