Clearwire in trouble

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea, kind of had this feeling it was bound to happen. I think that by years end, clearwire will be no more with either they go bankrupt or Sprint buys them out. Either way, Sprint will be working on LTE before the year is up.

And it is just funny to hear a clearwire employee at a kiosk in the mall make fun of Sprints 4G network saying it is spotty and unreliable and that theirs is better and more stable. Umm, hello, they use you guys! LOL

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Maaaaan, im never gonna get 4G in san diego. :/

It has been talked about before that it may be possible to change the frequency that our Evo's pick up via an OTA. I believe Wimax is 2.4Ghz band and LTE is 2.7 (i think.).
Now i seriously doubt that its possible, but hey, its worth hoping for.

vertigosrs

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Clearwire will be gone anytime soon considering T-mobile wants to invest in them, and possibly sprint investing further. Plus theres the possibility that sprint could merge with deutsche telecom which would mean even better things with a t-mobile/sprint merge if t-mobile did end up investing in clearwire.

dominiej

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Crap... They only have half of my city covered by 4G towers and they won't flip the switch on until the rest ever get put up... Argh!

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
We have like 4 towers up here and I have a feeling that will be it for awhile. They actually started in the worst parts of the city. Sprint just needs to roll with its network vision plan and switch all its towers to tri-mode as fast as possible.