Streaming Music through the Amazon Cloud Player?

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I cannot stream music unless I am on wifi. I cannot stream through 3g. My wife has an Evo and she cannot stream in 3g either. As soon as I turn on wifi it starts right up. Anyone else have this problem?

The problem for me is that I was hoping to be able to use this in my car instead of my ipod, but if it only plays through wifi then that won't do me any good. :(

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I am having no issues streaming via 3g but I am running Cyanogenmod 7.

Click in settings in the app and check your streaming settings. See if it's set to wifi only.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I am having no issues streaming via 3g but I am running Cyanogenmod 7.

Click in settings in the app and check your streaming settings. See if it's set to wifi only.

It says I currently allow streaming on all network types. Also, this is 'grayed' out and I can't even change this preference. lol.

And I have a non-rooted Evo with no mods, and no apps that force wifi to run.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Amazon.com and then click on cloud drive. Then try to play any of your songs. Do it from a computer though.

Apparently I needed to sign out and sign back in. Thanks for the help. Btw, I still can't play through 3g though. lol.

ccano8

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues as well on a stock Evo. I have found that logging onto the Cloud Player from a computer and playing my music will allow those songs to stream on my phone the next time I use the app. Not really much use if you are away from your computer and want to listen to music you just downloaded.

MrTyC

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any problems streaming music from the Cloud Player after changing my streaming settings. I would suggest checking your settings and selecting the 3G/4G plus wi-fi option rather than the all network option. Hopefully this will work for you as it did for me. Good Luck!

fozzie66

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Apparently I needed to sign out and sign back in. Thanks for the help. Btw, I still can't play through 3g though. lol.

What error message are you getting?
I ask because I get "network error" when I leave me house (disconnecting wifi & switching to 3g) but what I do is I keep hitting play over & over becuase it looks like its loading the song then it plays fine through out the day.

Last edited:

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
What error message are you getting?
I ask because I get "network error" when I leave me house (disconnecting wifi & switching to 3g) but what I do is I keep hitting play over & over becuase it looks like its loading the song then it plays fine through out the day.

It says "Network error Your song has been paused due to a loss of network connectivity. Retry when you are in a cellular network or Wi-Fi coverage area."

Now mind you I am in a 3G area and I see the 3G lit up at the top of the phone, so theoretically it should work. lol. And after reading your post I have tried hitting play over and over and unfortunately I just keep getting the error message. It does look like it wants to load to play but never gets there.

Possum63

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I can stream fine over WiFi, but not over the Sprint network.

I am getting the following pop-up message from the Amazon Cloud Player app:

Streaming on Your HTC EVO Device

Streaming quality on your HTC EVO may be impacted by a known isue with the Sprint carrier network. To resolve this issue, please contact Sprint at 888-211-4727. Let them know that you are having trouble streaming multimedia on the HTC EVO with software version 3.70.651.1​

It then gives the options "Call Sprint" or "OK".

Odd thing is, I don't have problems streaming over the Sprint network from other apps. So, what is it that the Amazon Cloud Player does differently that makes this an issue?

I haven't called Sprint yet about this. Has anyone else called them and were they able to resolve it?

deltatko

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Try this

SiriusXM Mobile FAQs - SiriusXM Radio

I found it when I couldn't get the Sirius App to work unless I was on wifi, sounds like the same issue you are having and it worked perfectly.

If the Sprint reps give you a hard time about it, tell them it is to fix the Sirius app, the one I talked to knew about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo