Internal Memory

niko20

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have started getting low internal memory messages...i have cleared the data and deleted unused apps but still I am down to 20. My email takes up 275mb and I have been deleting junk mail, old deleted emails, etc. but it wont go down. I have already transferred all available apps to my card but nothing seems to work. how can I fix the email or do something else that increases internal memory. Please help

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I would go into:

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage

Then, in your application list for "All" select "Menu" then "Sort by size."

Hopefully the largest ones will show at the top and you can clear the cache of those.

niko20

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I would go into:

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage

Then, in your application list for "All" select "Menu" then "Sort by size."

Hopefully the largest ones will show at the top and you can clear the cache of those.
As i mentioned, I have already done that...my largest file is my email with 275mb and want to know how to reduce that one

Dark_Blu

Nov 16, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
How is your e-mail using up 275mb of space? Are you not using Yahoo or some other web based e-mail account on your phone? Mine is setup with yahoo mail and it doesn't download the mail locally. I can see the folders on my yahoo mail too. The mail isn't locally stored. And Gmail is the same. It exists on the server and is just read on the phone. Is your phone downloading corporate e-mail from Exchange? That's the only way I can see you'd be download e-mail to take up that much storage on your phone.

niko20

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
How is your e-mail using up 275mb of space? Are you not using Yahoo or some other web based e-mail account on your phone? Mine is setup with yahoo mail and it doesn't download the mail locally. I can see the folders on my yahoo mail too. The mail isn't locally stored. And Gmail is the same. It exists on the server and is just read on the phone. Is your phone downloading corporate e-mail from Exchange? That's the only way I can see you'd be download e-mail to take up that much storage on your phone.
yes. I am using exchange

gene91671

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Niko20

Did you ever figure out how to fix that bloated email? I have the same problem Exchange server with 235MB used. Can't figure out how to fix and i dont want to do a reset.