root and battery life?

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
No but to your comment about the battery life of the og EVO it not bad it hard better after like 5 or so months of charges and I get about 9 to 12 hours out of mine so I think thY the battery on the desain will be fine

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

FORDOC

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I take my phone off the charger in the morning. I make one call to my wife before work. I work until 4pm. I use my phone moderately thereafter. The battery often goes to 10% around 9. I don't think battery life on my unit is good at all. I am actually quite disappointed.

Anyone else experience the same? I imagine that if I didn't have to work I would not be able to make it through the afternoon before charging the phone.

And yes I change all the settings to maximize battery life.

FORDOC

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I take my phone off the charger in the morning. I make one call to my wife before work. I work until 4pm. I use my phone moderately thereafter. The battery often goes to 10% around 9. I don't think battery life on my unit is good at all. I am actually quite disappointed.

Anyone else experience the same? I imagine that if I didn't have to work I would not be able to make it through the afternoon before charging the phone.

And yes I change all the settings to maximize battery life.

Forgot to write that during my work day, my phone is turned OFF.

ytravel

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I will say the battery life sucks. I never use 4g and turn off the GPS. I have my sync set to the max. I will say if you only talk the battery is great, but if you surf expect only about hour use.
My biggest problem is it takes 3-4 hours to charge it full.

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend's Evo Design has been wonderful w/ the battery. Honestly much better than my rooted OG Evo with a custom Kernel.

She uses it moderately through the day including MP3 listening for about an hour, and after an 8 hour workday she is still around 70% or so.

madflasher

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
this is moderate use on stock battery

stock set-up, not rooted, after 32 hrs, still got 40% left.

I turn off auto sync, auto brightness, only use antennas when needed.

I love doing side by side comparisons with my OG EVO and this.. my OG is rooted with customs..

it definitely has better battery life

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had every evo (OG, shift, and 3D), and the design by far has the worst battery out of all of them. The phone is stock, I've had the battery tested, and it checks out good. I lose 10% on my ride in to work from a full charge (spread out over OS, display, bluetooth..). By lunch I'm down to 60%, and on the ride home I have to throw it on the charger as it's down to 50% or less. This is with very minimal use throughout the day.

A friend of mine is seeing very similar results on battery performance. It's pretty disappointing.

nsmoothrider

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
So I just got myself the EVO Design and I have to say I love it so far. Only had it about 14 hours. I need an international phone so I had to let my old EVO 4G go. I bought the Photon first and it sucks, if you like HTC sense you will hate photon. The UI on it is worse then anything I've seen in a long time. Anyway back to my main point. So far battery life of the EVO Design is GREAT I've been running 7 hours now Wi-Fi and GPS active,had a few conversations, many text messages turned the Wi-Fi off went to 3G talked on the phone via Skype video calling for a half hour (it works really really well by the way) and of course it's a new phone so I have been plying with it. Battery life is now at.....oh 3/4 full it has only used a 1/4 of the battery with all of that and in 7 hours. Now that is awesome. My old EVO 4G would have been dead twice over by now this phone is awesome. If your looking for an up grade this is it. Check out best buy there supper cheep right now. $49.99 + $600 phone value tax= Right around $100.00 out the door and it is more then worth it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am. I have a feeling a real root will be out soon. Oh yeah I'll be calling sprint today to find out about the SIM card, is it locked, not locked, what? and if it is. There going to unlock it, they may not know yet but they will and I'll be letting you guys know.

Evo714

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I will say the battery life sucks. I never use 4g and turn off the GPS. I have my sync set to the max. I will say if you only talk the battery is great, but if you surf expect only about hour use.
My biggest problem is it takes 3-4 hours to charge it full.

LOL what are you talking about? 1 hour of use? ...that is a flat out lie. I played games, used apps and browsed the internet with this phone for 3 hours straight and the battery was still at 40-50%

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For some reason my display is always at like 60% use. Even though I have no animations and the display brightness as low as I can have it. Any suggestions to why??

sent from my »»ROOTED«« EVO DESIGN