Evo Shift Calendar

paige_me

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had the HTC Evo Shift for a couple of weeks now. I'm very familiar with Android and Outlook so this new issue has me stumped as well as my other Android friends (2 who I consider expert).
Last week I placed about 6 appointments in my phone calendar under my work calendar, which is a 2007 Outlook Exchange. These appointments will not show on my computer Outlook calendar, only in the phone. None of the usual suspects are the culprit. My IT guy, who I believe isn't that familiar with the Android software still hasn't found the problem. He uninstalled my email and then re-installed it, all the phone appointments disappeared.
Anyone else having this problem? I think there is a setting on the server that is causing this problem but I don't think he's of the same mindset.
Any suggestions/comments are appreciated!

fwv3232

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring to your work computer running Outlook 2K7? Do you have the calendar listed as somthing to sync on your phone under menu>settings>accounts and sync? If you are making an calendar event from your phone - make sure you are choosing the calendar you want the event to sync with i.e. choosing the calendar from the dropdown first before entering any critical info - especially if you are using the calendar widget........give me some more information and I might be able to steer you in the right direction.

paige_me

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, my computer version of Outlook is 2007.
I have chosen the proper calendar and have the calendar available to sync. The appointments that I make on my computer sync to my phone but the ones that I make on my phone do not sync to my computer. It's extremely irritating and I'm starting to realize that it's just my phone, not all droids. There is one other person that I know of in my office that has a Droid. I had her test hers out and it worked no problem. What setting do I have all mucked up?

bertwgreen

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem with my Google calendar and I figured out that it was a sync delay issue, where sometimes events would not sync for a day or so. I put the "Sync all" widget on my home screen and click on it after entering events in the phone calendar, and it sends the data to the server right away. I'm not sure why the "sync now" command in the calendar does not do the same thing, but I have found that this works.

fwv3232

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Google calendar syncing with Outlook is a competely different matter....when you make an event on your phone, what is the update frequency you have for syncing? I would test out a few different times and see which ones work - I leave mine on manual and it syncs everytime I open the calenday application.

paige_me

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Google calendar syncing with Outlook is a competely different matter....when you make an event on your phone, what is the update frequency you have for syncing? I would test out a few different times and see which ones work - I leave mine on manual and it syncs everytime I open the calenday application.

I have my outlook calendar set to sync every time I open the email widget. The edit to my contacts shows up in my outlook immediately. I can put things on my calendar in outlook and they show up on my phone but not the other way around. (phone calendar to office calendar)
My google calenders work fine, it's only my outlook calendar.

fwv3232

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have my outlook calendar set to sync every time I open the email widget. The edit to my contacts shows up in my outlook immediately. I can put things on my calendar in outlook and they show up on my phone but not the other way around. (phone calendar to office calendar)
My google calenders work fine, it's only my outlook calendar.
I have only had luck when syncing Outlook via the USB cable, nothing works OTA.....sorry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress