Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default buggy screen, what can i do

screen has been acting up, sometimes locking up, moving on its on, opening menus...anyone have suggestions i can use to fix?

What applications have you loaded on the device? Does it do this after a factory reset?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

engadget, joystiq, angry birds, all typical apps with all credible reviews. did a factory reset and still does it.

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

In the old days with a resistive screen you could see this when something got stuck under the screen protector. I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen with capacitive screens like the Shift, so as it's still a problem after a factory reset I think you're in for a trip back to where you bought it for a replacement.

I had/have the same problem. The Sprint guy said he'd never seen anything like it, "like it's haunted". I have the full insurance and he put the claim through after watching it launch apps all on it's own. If I didn't have the insurance I would have argued it as defective as I've only had the phone for 34 days and there are no signs of damage.

Does it seem like it's on one specific part of the screen? Mine is centered about an inch from the bottom of the screen, just above the dock.

Question WOW

Quote Originally Posted by bullettrain View Post
    I had/have the same problem. The Sprint guy said he'd never seen anything like it, "like it's haunted". I have the full insurance and he put the claim through after watching it launch apps all on it's own. If I didn't have the insurance I would have argued it as defective as I've only had the phone for 34 days and there are no signs of damage.

Does it seem like it's on one specific part of the screen? Mine is centered about an inch from the bottom of the screen, just above the dock.
    Finally I have found someone else that has a "haunted" phone. Mine has been acting up the exact same way, did you get yours fixed? Or did it need to be replaced?

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I am having the same problem. When I try to hit the up arrow for the up arrow, or the phone button, the phone doesn't read my finger. Sometimes I wil press it ten times, and it won't work. I have gotten used to using the menu and all apps key. Although a problem arises when I want to make a call. Any suggestions? I have done a reset.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

My wife had that happen with her shift . We took it to a sprint repair store and had it replaced. They kept it for 2 hours and claimed it was fixed but it wasn't. We showed them it was still messed up and they sent us a new one the next day. We didn't need to go through asurion and therefore didn't have to pay the $100.

Sent from my HTC EVO using TAPATALK Pro

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyclonic / CM9 + WebOS

Quote Originally Posted by acedanger View Post
    My wife had that happen with her shift . We took it to a sprint repair store and had it replaced. They kept it for 2 hours and claimed it was fixed but it wasn't. We showed them it was still messed up and they sent us a new one the next day. We didn't need to go through asurion and therefore didn't have to pay the $100.

Sent from my HTC EVO using TAPATALK Pro
    Suprised they didn't tell it was due to "water damage" and slap you with the $100 deductible.

Mini vent..

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crump84 View Post
    Suprised they didn't tell it was due to "water damage" and slap you with the $100 deductible.
    Nah, they did that when I took my EVO into them. I guess they felt bad for charging me already...
    probably not though, they didn't seem to give a **** either way.

Seems to be an issue with the screen on this phone. My friend had a problem where the top quarter or so of the screen just stopped responding. Sprint store had to replace it.