Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default HTC Flyer Pen Issues

Has anyone been having issues with their Tablet Pen? I replaced my battery after 7 months of usage and now the pen works on and off. Sometimes it will also think the pen is touching the screen when it really is 1/8 of an inch away from the screen. I have called Best Buy and HTC and they have told me that they don't warranty accessories only the devices. I'm hoping to find a way to fix the pen because I use it everyday and don't feel like spending another $60 to replace it.
    Last edited by fsv57; 01-03-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Global Posts
    5,015 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Re: HTC Flyer Pen Issues

The pen is a great feature and also a concern, I likely will get two of them just to have the spare around. I don't see me replacing my brand new tablet for a long time, its the right size, memory and overall functionality.

I'm having this same problem. Did you ever figure out what was wrong?

Have you tried a new pen battery? Different brand perhaps?

I have the same problem and have replaced the battery 3 times, any solution??

Yesss I'm also have the same case with my Flyer.. does any one knows or able to contact HTC about this?..

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I had problems with my pen and thought it was the battery but I put a new one in and still had problems. What I found was that the cap that holds the battery in wasn't making a good contact with the tube so no juice was getting to the pen. I made sure it was clean and got it as tight as I could and it started working again.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

It seems you pen is not working. well, you can always buy a new flyer pen with stylus

Thanks for your tip @Nicksgarage... I was very upset when the stylus became too sensitive.

I opened the cap, simply rubbed each end of the battery, checked for dirt on the spring, blew in to try to clean the other contact, and then fastened it very tight. Result: instant cure.