New Radio..

Jkap

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Just a little trick i ahd to use for my other cp.Install sync then go into the cp files and find the htc sync files copy the driver file to somewhere you will remeber then you can delete it andthen just tell cp togo to that file when it needs drivers for phone.I just thought of this if you download pdanet and install on your cp you shouldn't have problems connecting to phone pdanet will give you all the drivers you need.

So i installed HTC sync with the drivers and everything..and still no luck...installed pdanet after...still no luck.. :(

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
So i installed HTC sync with the drivers and everything..and still no luck...installed pdanet after...still no luck.. :(

I'm kinda at a lose as what to have you try next.:eek: You can use terminal emulator from the market and its just like command prompt. just type su then enter.Thats just like typing adb shell on cp.

Jkap

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but you can do it in any order you want.You could flash radio now and then rom or other way around.

ok cool. So, what i ended up doing is re-rooting my phone and was able to load into android system recovery.. no clue what and why that worked, but i am not going to complain :)

edit: tried restarting the phone and loading back into recovery ...anddd fail.. i am done for today i think... going to try to figure it out tom :) thanks beezy for your help :)

Last edited:

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i had to re-root a couple times when i was messing with the original 2.1 option leaks. so not so unusual.

not with kool-aid though.

try re-rooting and grab the new version of superuser.

Jkap

May 8, 2010
Visit site
i had to re-root a couple times when i was messing with the original 2.1 option leaks. so not so unusual.

not with kool-aid though.

try re-rooting and grab the new version of superuser.

Yea the weird part is that i can now boot recovery from my cp, but not manually ( home + red button) . So it is not too bad. I updated my radio and going to test it today :) I am thinking of actually going back to 1.5 nandroid recovery and then installing one of the 2.1 options. Hopefully this will get rid of reboot problem cause it has to be because of some app conflict. I deleted handcent, which i really like and the problem is gone. Can't decide to try it again or not lol

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Yea the weird part is that i can now boot recovery from my cp, but not manually ( home + red button) . So it is not too bad. I updated my radio and going to test it today :) I am thinking of actually going back to 1.5 nandroid recovery and then installing one of the 2.1 options. Hopefully this will get rid of reboot problem cause it has to be because of some app conflict. I deleted handcent, which i really like and the problem is gone. Can't decide to try it again or not lol

Several are reporting problems with handcent,id wait awhile on it.

Davec1234

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ran the update, went fine. Signal seems better.
Couple days ago updated prl went to 65000.
After radio update dropped back to 60664.
Updated prl still at 60664.
FYI

Jkap

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Several are reporting problems with handcent,id wait awhile on it.

to be honest i am not sure that it is handcent. I just got the reboot program without it (granted i was trying to get it) It was a combination of pandora and default internet browser then quiting out of pandora. I read in a few problems that some people think it is the internet browser. I think it is pandora ;) so i don't think anyone really knows yet lol

But either way i just reflashed into the Kool-aid High version just for the heck of it and going to mess around with it some more lol

I really should start doing my work, but i have been to into messing with my phone recently lol

Jkap

May 8, 2010
Visit site
im using RA 1.6.2 instead of 1.5.2 for my recovery image, and have had no problems with anything. Give that a shot.

ok i ll try it. Would i need to delete 1.5.2 ? or could i just adb push 1.6.2 to sdcard and flash it and it should work?

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
also, if u are in the tools directory, its MUCH easier to just type "adb reboot recovery" than to hold the home button. plus it shuts down much quicker than powering off

Sometimes i get the white recovery wipe screen by accident and have to reboot again if i use the home button...lol

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Can I flash this over damage control 2.0.8.1?

And what does the new radio do? Better reception I hope....

It shouldn't be a problem,just follow the guide.You can really flash this radio even if you were on 1.5.It should give you better signal but can't be 100% we are all in different places what works good for me might not work good for you.

The Mac

May 18, 2010
Visit site
also, i have SIGNIFICANT battery life improvement. Im usually at 30% when i get home from work. After flashing the radio last night, i was at 60% today.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
So, i was about to flash the new radio, but ran into a program. Ever since i flashed into Kool Aid sugar free version i can't seem to access the root menu. Whenever i plug my phone in it says found new hardware with msg "windows needs to install driver software for your ADB" Does that mean i need to go back into Android SDK and update the USB package ?

I have a Windows 7 laptop and had the same issue. I ended up installing PDAnet on my laptop and that fixed the problems with Windows not recognizing my phone.

I download everything directly to my phone when I flash roms. I have a nice 3G connection at work and am on wifi at home.