I just started to root Hero and already stuck..

Zerazac

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
:mad:I'm trying to root my phone using fresh pre kitchen and it suggests that I run a diagnosis to see if it will work. I ran it and well it says error: "Could not find part of a path C:\users\zerazac\downloads\adb\help.bat"

Help. What do I need to do to get to the next step?

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
It looks like it's looking for C:\users\zerazac\downloads\adb\help.bat at a location it is not installed at.

You need to get and set up the Android SDK on your PC so that your phone can talk to your PC with ADB.

gbhil will better explain it than me, as he is an android hacker and I am not. But the first thing I would do is make sure you have the Android SDK installed on your pc, preferably in a folder on your desktop where it can be easily found.

Phil.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
:mad:I'm trying to root my phone using fresh pre kitchen and it suggests that I run a diagnosis to see if it will work. I ran it and well it says error: "Could not find part of a path C:\users\zerazac\downloads\adb\help.bat"

Help. What do I need to do to get to the next step?

You contact the developer of the software. Tell him you're seeing a dialog asking about a file that doesn't exist in his download package.

Since many folks seem to be having trouble with this, I found it over @xda and downloaded it. I can't install and run it as it's Windows only, but I did open the file and look at the contents.
Tell him [download path]/adb/help.bat doesn't exist in his package, but you're seeing a dialog asking for it.

Since his program is closed source, I can't see what or why he is asking for it, so I have no idea how to troubleshoot. I'm sure he can assist you.

Good luck!