[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for Hero CDMA :: V7.0.3 (6 May 2011)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, just wipe Dalvik Cache and you will be good to go. Still make a backup so you can jump back to RC3 if you have problems.

There is nothing eye-popping about RC4. There was a bug that google fixed in the code so it was incorporated into RC4. Still very good.

- edit - It should be noted that you don't need to re-do the voicemail fixes to use the Sprint version. The only time you'll need to re-do it is if you decide to switch to a different ROM that requires you to wipe/format.

Last edited:

Mad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it works:)
Why there is no number notifications on icons? Let's say I get 3 voicemails, 2 emails, 2 texts...
no numbers...
any reason?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it works:)
Why there is no number notifications on icons? Let's say I get 3 voicemails, 2 emails, 2 texts...
no numbers...
any reason?

The notifications you are referring to were features provided by HTC for their Sense UI. Since you are not using the stock OS, you won't be able to use those same functions provided by the manufacturer since it's propriety. The good thing is that the Market has some good alternatives.

Most SMS Apps (Chomp, Handcent, Go) provide a widget that will be the same as an icon but display the number of unread text messages. Use a new sms app and place a widget on the home screen.

Here is a widget you can download to display the number of unread email: Gmail Unread Count - Android app on AppBrain

Hope this helps.

prashm

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
video upload quality is still bad!

I like the ability to record video on my hero and immediately upload it to youtube or picasaweb to share with my friends and family. It works beautifully on cm6.1 rc1. But it's horrible on cm7. Video that I record runs fine on the phone but when I upload to youtube or picasaweb, the audio is totally messed up and video is very pixelated. Just flashed the cm7 rc4 and this problem still exists. I'm back to my good old cm6.1 (froyo) since I use the video feature quite a bit. I hope it's fixed in the next version since I really like to upgrade to gingerbread. I'm surprised no one brought this video problem to attention. I wonder if this is working fine for others?
Am I the only one having this problem?

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. Youtube videos seem to have problems playing in high quaility. I'm not sure why this is occurring or if there is a workaround fix for this. I'll do some digging on XDA and see what's going on.

Mad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
what about games? most of mine don't even want to played. I just see menus and "loading" but that lasts forever...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
And those games worked fine prior to switching over to CM7? I don't see how papaya farm would be having issues - doesn't look like an intense game.

Mad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I see just Menus, nothing more and afterseveral seconds "loading" but after even 2-3 min... nothing, no game
I didn't play for about 2 weeks...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
First post has been updated to reflect the final version as of 4/10. Please note that this may be the final build from the Cyanogenmod Team but other dev's are still working on their respective aosp builds, which are just as good if not better depending on who you ask.

Let us know if any problems exists during the install.

mipd1980

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Well after about a year of dealing with the stock Rom on my Hero, I rooted a two weeks ago and and installed CM6 on my Hero and I've never been happier.....Well up until yesterday when I upgraded from CM6 to CM7....I cant belive that I got Android 2.3.3 faster than My Wife's EVO....Thanks Everyone that Posted How To's I thought it was going to be hard to do but it was the easiest think i've done to make my phone fly.....

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Aosp ROMs definitely make the phone fly. Less un-needed stuff for the phone to deal with and just over-all improved code from the Cyanogenmod Team. Glad you are enjoying the Hero more so now than before :)

Reactions: mipd1980

mipd1980

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah I'm happy now at least I can wait until my upgrade comes up hopefully i'll be able to get the Nexux S that is coming to sprint soon.

Hitt

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I got CM7 on my phone and I'm looking to install the market. I'm having a problem getting my hero to connect to my computer through the USB. When I plug it in, it will charge but I can't access astro. Anyone know how to fix this?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I got CM7 on my phone and I'm looking to install the market. I'm having a problem getting my hero to connect to my computer through the USB. When I plug it in, it will charge but I can't access astro. Anyone know how to fix this?

Download the gapps addon file straight to the phone and make sure to move the file to the sd card root.
[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for Hero CDMA :: V7.0.0 (10 Arpil 2011) - xda-developers

the first addon mirror should start the download.

As far as the phone and computer, be sure you gave the htc sync drivers installed. That could be the source; drivers can be downloaded in htc's website.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
go to the link I posted above with the phone, and click on one of the addon links in the first post. It should ask where to save the file then start automatically once you set the dl location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mostafakhalaf