Need help to revert from Cym 2.2 to stock rom

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I am a newbie with a problem and need help.

I rooted my phone to Cym, love it, and am going to get the Evo today. So I
am giving my rooted phone to my husband.

Unfortunately, Sprint cannot change phone numbers on the phone and activate
it, I cannot tell them the problem, and cannot take it in for service as they
suggested.

Can someone help me on how to get it back to stock, 2.1--5 preferably so I
can reflash back???

Thanks

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Problem solved. I bought this phone and after reading a lot of forums, had downloaded the 2.1 ruu onto my computer to revert from 2.1==6 to 2.1==5 to allow the root process. The first software does not allow rooting.

Since this is an exe file on my computer, I was able to plug phone with usb cord and run the program, just like doing an upgrade in reverse. It did erase everything, but will not allow Sprint to activate on another line.

I am putting this here in case anyone else has the same problem/needs. Just look for that rom = stock, and keep on computer in case you have problems in the future. And if you need to go in for service, do NOT take a custom rom in,
they will flag your phone.

bdizzel1982

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Problem solved. I bought this phone and after reading a lot of forums, had downloaded the 2.1 ruu onto my computer to revert from 2.1==6 to 2.1==5 to allow the root process. The first software does not allow rooting.

Since this is an exe file on my computer, I was able to plug phone with usb cord and run the program, just like doing an upgrade in reverse. It did erase everything, but will not allow Sprint to activate on another line.

I am putting this here in case anyone else has the same problem/needs. Just look for that rom = stock, and keep on computer in case you have problems in the future. And if you need to go in for service, do NOT take a custom rom in,
they will flag your phone.

Actually you can root the .6 RUU using Universal Androot :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana