1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Need help keeping backlight on!

On my first HTC Hero, I had it set so the screen would stay lit whenever it had an external power supply attached. Since I had to replace my original, I can't seem to get it back to those settings. I use the GPS in my car as I drive 3 or 4 hours a day and it gets very annoying having to constantly push the menu button every minute to light the screen up. Would someone please help me with my dilemma?

Default Setting

Quote Originally Posted by abbidad View Post
    On my first HTC Hero, I had it set so the screen would stay lit whenever it had an external power supply attached. Since I had to replace my original, I can't seem to get it back to those settings. I use the GPS in my car as I drive 3 or 4 hours a day and it gets very annoying having to constantly push the menu button every minute to light the screen up. Would someone please help me with my dilemma?
    I can no longer locate the setting for keeping the screen active while charging, but there is an option to keep the screen lit always. Go to menu, settings, screen time out and select the appropriate time. This just means you will have to hit the end button to turn off your screen.

I will continue to look for it, because I had that option chosen on my first Hero as well.

Best, P

settings - > applications - > development - > stay awake
    should do the trick!
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Smile thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    settings - > applications - > development - > stay awake
    should do the trick!
    You should work for HTC.

Thank you, I was wondering when I got my new phone how to do that.

Thanks again,
    P

LOL @working for HTC. Too stressful even if they wanted me

And yer welcome!
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    LOL @working for HTC. Too stressful even if they wanted me
    haha... at least you wouldn't be a lawyer there....
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by abbidad View Post
    Thanks for the help!
    No problem. One of those things I remember having to mess with for the exact same reasons.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

When the gps is running the screen shouldn't turn off. And leaving your phone in stay awake can kill your battery.

Quote Originally Posted by nimhero View Post
    When the gps is running the screen shouldn't turn off. And leaving your phone in stay awake can kill your battery.
    You're right about the GPS. But, how Gbhill explained, it will only keep the phone awake, but dimmed, while on the charger.

The way I initially explained would kill the battery. I had trouble locating this setting when I had to reset my phone.