H and E symbols - no 3G symbol.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to get a 3G symbol on my phone, it view straight from H to E. I know what H and E mean btw, but I thought your supposed to drop from H to 3G then to E. Thanks.

Ed. I found out there is no 3G symbol just G (GPRS) E (Edge) and H for 3G (UMTS, Hsdpa and Hspa+).

Last edited:

natehoch96

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here. Its very weird I agree, and I thought the same things you thought. I have seen 3G once on my mytouch, I was excited.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
T-mobile doesn't have 4g, only 3g and 3g+. H is for both, G is 2g and E is edge.

Actually, HSPA+ (although I disagree with the choice) is now considered a 4G technology by the ITA. Thus said, they are using the H symbol so that you dont know if you are in 4G(HSPA+) or 3G(HSPDA), making their spotty coverage not seem as bad.

If you want to know which one your are using just download "speed test" and see what your internet is clocking at (make sure you aren't in wi-fi).

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
You guys know you can go to settings> about phone> network and look under Mobile Network type and it will tell you which network your on.

UTMS is 3G. I don't know if anyone has actually seen HSPA+ show up under there yet?

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You guys know you can go to settings> about phone> network and look under Mobile Network type and it will tell you which network your on.

UTMS is 3G. I don't know if anyone has actually seen HSPA+ show up under there yet?

I was in a company store and went to the network on my phone and it said
HSDPA . I asked the rep if it would say HSPA+ and he said no that HSDPA
indicated I was on the faster internet.
Strange because my Nexus One shows the same thing, although its not as fast.

:confused:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was in a company store and went to the network on my phone and it said
HSDPA . I asked the rep if it would say HSPA+ and he said no that HSDPA
indicated I was on the faster internet.
Strange because my Nexus One shows the same thing, although its not as fast.

:confused:

There's a good thread in the t-mo section about speed and radios. Very informative. The radio in the phone itself is what determines the max speed we can see. That's why both phones show the same network but have different speeds.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez